Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #1

Ban NASCAR Now!

By John Galt
April 28, 2008

The culmination of another superstar weekend of NASCAR racing at Talladega, AL, one of their "Super speedways" which dot the U.S. landscape, makes me realize what a waste of precious resources we witness each week when these vehicles make left turns for three hours, consuming nature's gift and providing nothing more than a PBR inspired buzz for the millions of fans who watch it. Thankfully no animals were killed, nor were any drivers or spectators, so from a safety standpoint the improvements in this "sport" are the only benefit I can see and the idea of putting helmets and HANS devices into the new economy cars on the market might be something to analyze. The display, otherwise, was a horrid show which destroys valuable natural resources which could be used to keep the lower class Americans in affordable gasoline for quite some time and be of great assistance for the poor children of the nation.

Per NASCAR statistics, all of the cars consume about 6000 gallons of fuel during the race. This does not include diesel fuel consumed by the numerous rigs the racing teams drive nor the media circus which follows the teams around the circuit. Add in the waste of aviation fuel for helicopters and blimps which circle the event from above and you can deduce that hundreds of thousands of dollars of our valuable resources are wasted so Bubba can get a buzz on and watch a bunch of rednecks make left turns all day. The fuel consumed by the racing vehicles is also high in lead content which when burned in a confined area like many of these race tracks, might explain the deteriorating ability of some drivers to enunciate properly when interviewed after the race. If you think about the average household which earns less than $50,000 per year, they probably consume about 40 gallons of gasoline on average per week. While that number might seem high, if you add in the transportation to and from work for two adults and the various trips around the community for the children, it's not that extreme. So based on that, each NASCAR event could provide gasoline, if the racing fuel were refined differently, for up to 150 weeks for that one household! That means almost 3 families would have 1 years worth of fuel and prevent the children from having to walk, hitchhike or take dangerous school buses to and from their public education Mecca. Think of the savings! Think of the children!

Also the skills of the truck drivers would be better utilized to haul food and clothing to keep costs down for our poor and middle class by better allocating the diesel fuel in this nation for things that matter. This would reduce our dependence on Mexican trucking companies to haul goods cross country and keep America strong. The aviation fuel would be better utilized for our military and of course hospital emergency helicopters which are in need for lower fuel costs to keep hospital bills down for the children when they are seriously injured. Thus grounding this aerial circus we see every Saturday and Sunday for the Busch Series and Sprint Cup races would immediately provide an economic benefit for the children.

Another consideration that everyone should understand is the increased dependency on government hearing aid programs as a result of the hostile environment inside a NASCAR event. They use no mufflers or sound reducing technology which with repeated exposure, especially in the infield and seats closer to the track. If this continues, the expansion of the Medicare/Medicaid roles to accommodate the drivers and fans could be a huge burden on our society. Adding to the hazardous nightmare is the lack of catalytic converters and pollution control devices which pollute the atmosphere and enhance global warming effects over the various tracks. The limitations of the ability for many plants to grow in such an area of polluted air only contributes to the rapid decline of our world's atmosphere and the polar bears inability to swim to safety and areas where food is readily available. Alas, this sad state of affairs is neglected by the average NASCAR fan, as their only concern is swilling beer, spitting tobacco, and of course keeping their female partners enslaved as bare footed baby factories inside their homes. America must act and act fast to force NASCAR to modify their cars and the racing environment, if not outright banning the sport, for the good of our health care system, endangered birds and the children.

Finally, there is the social impact. No, not the drunk husband coming home yelling at his wife and kids after the race because number 88 choked again. It is the waste of talent and resources within the vehicular construction itself. These engineers are brilliant and probably all drive cars that average 100 mpg in the city as they know all of the top secret engine manufacturing techniques which should be shared with the world to prevent the Armageddon we all fear is coming. If these engineers were forced to work within the private enterprise system for the auto makers and maybe even a special U.N. project, the threat of global war and radical terrorist activity would be greatly reduced as the oil resources would be extended for another fifty years as a result of their work. We must encourage NASCAR to not hoard these engineers and their mechanics and to share them immediately to prevent war and protect the children.

It is my sincere hope that each and every one of you pick up a pen, a phone, or email your representatives in the House and Senate and urge action now. It is time to ban NASCAR and the affiliated races. It is time to start conserving and allocating our resources. It is time to give the powers to the government to do what is necessary for the Ashy Storm-Petrel to survive and come off the Endangered Species List so it does not fly over lead laden airways nor choke on non-catalytic converter cleaned exhaust. It is time for all Americans to act.

For the children.

If you believe one word of what you just read above, you are a victim of the disease which impairs your ability to take a joke and enjoy the sarcastic side of life. Seek profession help immediately if that is the case.
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #2

Ban NASCAR Now!

By John Galt
April 28, 2008

The culmination of another superstar weekend of NASCAR racing at Talladega, AL, one of their "Super speedways" which dot the U.S. landscape, makes me realize what a waste of precious resources we witness each week when these vehicles make left turns for three hours, consuming nature's gift and providing nothing more than a PBR inspired buzz for the millions of fans who watch it. Thankfully no animals were killed, nor were any drivers or spectators, so from a safety standpoint the improvements in this "sport" are the only benefit I can see and the idea of putting helmets and HANS devices into the new economy cars on the market might be something to analyze. The display, otherwise, was a horrid show which destroys valuable natural resources which could be used to keep the lower class Americans in affordable gasoline for quite some time and be of great assistance for the poor children of the nation.

Per NASCAR statistics, all of the cars consume about 6000 gallons of fuel during the race. This does not include diesel fuel consumed by the numerous rigs the racing teams drive nor the media circus which follows the teams around the circuit. Add in the waste of aviation fuel for helicopters and blimps which circle the event from above and you can deduce that hundreds of thousands of dollars of our valuable resources are wasted so Bubba can get a buzz on and watch a bunch of rednecks make left turns all day. The fuel consumed by the racing vehicles is also high in lead content which when burned in a confined area like many of these race tracks, might explain the deteriorating ability of some drivers to enunciate properly when interviewed after the race. If you think about the average household which earns less than $50,000 per year, they probably consume about 40 gallons of gasoline on average per week. While that number might seem high, if you add in the transportation to and from work for two adults and the various trips around the community for the children, it's not that extreme. So based on that, each NASCAR event could provide gasoline, if the racing fuel were refined differently, for up to 150 weeks for that one household! That means almost 3 families would have 1 years worth of fuel and prevent the children from having to walk, hitchhike or take dangerous school buses to and from their public education Mecca. Think of the savings! Think of the children!

Also the skills of the truck drivers would be better utilized to haul food and clothing to keep costs down for our poor and middle class by better allocating the diesel fuel in this nation for things that matter. This would reduce our dependence on Mexican trucking companies to haul goods cross country and keep America strong. The aviation fuel would be better utilized for our military and of course hospital emergency helicopters which are in need for lower fuel costs to keep hospital bills down for the children when they are seriously injured. Thus grounding this aerial circus we see every Saturday and Sunday for the Busch Series and Sprint Cup races would immediately provide an economic benefit for the children.

Another consideration that everyone should understand is the increased dependency on government hearing aid programs as a result of the hostile environment inside a NASCAR event. They use no mufflers or sound reducing technology which with repeated exposure, especially in the infield and seats closer to the track. If this continues, the expansion of the Medicare/Medicaid roles to accommodate the drivers and fans could be a huge burden on our society. Adding to the hazardous nightmare is the lack of catalytic converters and pollution control devices which pollute the atmosphere and enhance global warming effects over the various tracks. The limitations of the ability for many plants to grow in such an area of polluted air only contributes to the rapid decline of our world's atmosphere and the polar bears inability to swim to safety and areas where food is readily available. Alas, this sad state of affairs is neglected by the average NASCAR fan, as their only concern is swilling beer, spitting tobacco, and of course keeping their female partners enslaved as bare footed baby factories inside their homes. America must act and act fast to force NASCAR to modify their cars and the racing environment, if not outright banning the sport, for the good of our health care system, endangered birds and the children.

Finally, there is the social impact. No, not the drunk husband coming home yelling at his wife and kids after the race because number 88 choked again. It is the waste of talent and resources within the vehicular construction itself. These engineers are brilliant and probably all drive cars that average 100 mpg in the city as they know all of the top secret engine manufacturing techniques which should be shared with the world to prevent the Armageddon we all fear is coming. If these engineers were forced to work within the private enterprise system for the auto makers and maybe even a special U.N. project, the threat of global war and radical terrorist activity would be greatly reduced as the oil resources would be extended for another fifty years as a result of their work. We must encourage NASCAR to not hoard these engineers and their mechanics and to share them immediately to prevent war and protect the children.

It is my sincere hope that each and every one of you pick up a pen, a phone, or email your representatives in the House and Senate and urge action now. It is time to ban NASCAR and the affiliated races. It is time to start conserving and allocating our resources. It is time to give the powers to the government to do what is necessary for the Ashy Storm-Petrel to survive and come off the Endangered Species List so it does not fly over lead laden airways nor choke on non-catalytic converter cleaned exhaust. It is time for all Americans to act.

For the children.

If you believe one word of what you just read above, you are a victim of the disease which impairs your ability to take a joke and enjoy the sarcastic side of life. Seek profession help immediately if that is the case.
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow!

You really had me - until I got to the last paragraph.

Great creative writing.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #4

I gotta cut and paste that one on another forum I spend time on. That is a HOOT!

Don
Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Also a big WOW Thursday I pick up my 1st diesel. Thought I was having to nix the deal.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

You could make Speaker of the House with that one!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #7

I rushed out and bought a ticket to picket and was waiting for you to tell me where?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Whew! I thought NASCAR was done! Thank God I learned to read to the end of every test BEFORE I started answering. One time I got an "F" because I finisied a test after being instructesd to read all directions before starting and the last instruction was "put your pencil down and answer no questions."
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I knew what I was reading was too good to be true.

Dieselclacker
Old 05-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Had me going also. Good thing, like others, I read to the end of the post. Copied and pasted and sent e-mail to my son-in-law who is a huge NASCAR fan. I'd like to see the expression on his face when he reads this. LOL!
Iceman567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #11

WHEEEEw
You had me going....ready to fire off a real nasty gram...but like someone else I was taught to read the whole thing before responding...wheeeeew!

2008 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
JOC1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
that was written quite well, and i am now embarressed to think i was getting a little gullible while reading it,
i now feel violated and for the rest of the week will stand tall and proud for my beliefs even if i am dead wrong and know it
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #13

WOW, that one should go to PETA, Greenpeace and all the other tree huggers out there, only leave the last paragraph out. Can't you just hear the uproar!!!!!!!!!
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #14

Wow, for a minute there I thought one of our fine Washington State politicians (whom all have thier heads up thier asses) decided to invade the RV world, !!!!!!!!!!

Ultra Power program by Brazels
hondo12 is offline   Reply With Quote