Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #1

Bristol race, Will be staying at the Gateway Baptist Campground 1 1/2 mile from the track. Anyone else going?

Tireman

http://www.valleycamping.com/index.html
Tireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #2

Bristol race, Will be staying at the Gateway Baptist Campground 1 1/2 mile from the track. Anyone else going?

Tireman

http://www.valleycamping.com/index.html
Tireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #3

Will be heading down to the race on Wednesday night with a few guys from work. We'll be staying at Raceday Center Campground next to the track. Just look for the Hurricane with the iRV2 sticker on the back!

07 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
ocfd_179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #4

Chris,
How is that campground ? We went to Bristol for the first time in the spring ( stayed in a B&B aout 40 miles away) and will be back next spring. This time we will probably take the MH and will need a place to stay
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Tireman;
We're leaving for Bristol in the morning. We stay at the Shadrack CG, which is about 1 mile north of the track on Hyw 11. This is the 4th year we've camped there and like the place. We're season ticket holders and love the night races at Thunder Valley. Hope you have a great time!
Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #6

JoeH,
This is the first time we're staying there but a friend of ours couldn't make it and gave us his reserved spot. He said it's realy close to the track, no hook ups but the trucks come around each day with either water, ice, or sewage removal. I guess the generator will get a work-out but, that's why I payed extra for it! Hopefully the weather will begin to cooperate for all of us for next week. Gotta get that race in!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
If the Truck race was any indication, you are going to see some great racing Friday and Saturday night!

Enjoy!!!!
Awanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #8

Chris-- enjoy the race; Pls let me know what you think about the campground
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:23 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Great race. We wish ESPN2 did NOT cut to a commercial for the last 4 laps. Nice job ESPN2

2003 Carriage CW362 5th Wheel
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #10

We finally made it to Bristol and saw a great race. Lots of fun there. We stayed at Beaver Creek Campground (off Hwy 394) because of the hookups (had W&E)but that walk to the track in the heat of TN in Aug is a bit much. Next time we go, I think we will try to get closer. How did you feel about the other CG options?
tony566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #11

We just got back last night and had an awesome time! Wasn't completely excited about the race itself but the campground was great. I personnally think they took the excitement out of Bristol with the resurfacing of the track. Don't get me wrong, the race was good and the cars were able to run everywhere, but that's just it, they were able to go around and not "bump" the car in front of them out of the way. It just seemed to me and just about everyone in my section that they took the "bristol" out of the race and just turned into any other track on the circuit. The CG that we stayed at was great! It was directly across Rt 11 in front of the track. We left the MH and were in our seats in 5 mins! I got them last minute and thought I'd try to call and reserve them for next year and it was already in someone elses possession!! Oh well, all-in-all it was a great weekend and even though there might be flaws in the new surface of the track (atleast in my eyes), you can bet I'll head back again!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #12

Also went for the first time. Had agood time but it would have been a lot more fun if it hadn't been so hot. We were in the campground near the drag strip and it was asphalt. Most of the folks stayed indoors from about 11AM until the sun started going down.

1997 Damon Challenger
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote