Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thumbs up Craig N Deb - Great Job @ Cape Girardeau.

Hats off to Craig N Deb for setting up our newbie rally with a few veterans there to keep us under control. I think the final count was 7 buses and 1 5ver. IL, TX, MO, AR & IN were represented if I have that correct.

We never got a chance to rumble with the St. Louis area Winnebago group. However, I did wear my colors on a great bicycle ride along a pretty nice bike path through town on Saturday.

Weather was great. The CG was well organized with very friendly staff. One of the campers had a handicap issue and the CG immediately recognized that and put them on a handicap spot with concrete instead of gravel to make things easier. We were all together except that the handicap site was a few doors down but well within eye sight of the group.

The CG was a bit soggy in a few places due to lots of rain over the previous couple weeks but it wasn't wide spread at all. In fact, I think Sandee was the official "Muddy Shoe" collector of the group.

Park maintenance was clearly important to the CG management. BTW, this is a GS park. The worst part was when leaving the park there is a rather busy 4 lane road with a 50 MPH limit. Left turn outs of the CG during busy hours can be hard because traffic from the right is coming over a hill and you can't see it easily from a toad and is only a little better from the higher seat in a Class A.

Excellent CG pick, weather cooperated, really nice group of folks. There was only one problem...Monday was next and those of us that still were on a working schedule had to leave.

Thanks to all that were part of our mini rally and we need to do it again next year. BE SAFE!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank You Don and Sandee!
We also had a great time this weekend! Cape Girardeau was very nice, all that came to our little rally were awesome, and the weather could not have been any better!
Great Campfires with you guys were wonderful and yes The Cape RV Park was very nice!
Thank you to all that came and made Deb and I feel so welcome to the group.
We can't wait to put another meet together in the near future!!
So much Fun, we hated for the weekend to be over!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's hard to convey the fun, the excitement and I must add the relief of planning for this, our maiden trip in our MH. The excitement started weeks before, when we finally settled on a site and date, the fun started shortly after and lasted through out the trip there, while there and the trip home. Now the relief was when we brought 7 camping units from such a wide area plus 1 camper drove in for the day without her trailer just to visit, and the laughs and smiles were endless.

If all the people I meet while RVing in the future are as nice as this group, then I will be RVing for a long time.
Hope everyone had a safe trip home and I look forward to seeing you again. Craig, you had a great idea that worked out well. I'll be keeping up with your repairs so keep good records.

Thanks again to the national inspection committee for the wonderful ribbons recognizing some of our campers!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
RLS

Craig, What kind of repairs are you doing? Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet with most of your group. Glad you had a good time.
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Tim, Well put my friend!!
It could not have gone better and the people from IRV2 were awesome!!!
It was great to meet everyone and to have the chance to compare notes on do's and don'ts. I thought I was alone when it came to upgrades and polishing but there were plenty of my kind there! lol
The laughing was contagious and plentiful! Wow did we have fun!!

Hey Bob!!
I was sorry you guys didn't come down to visit as well.....not to start another rumble but, I guess the Winne Club does not play well with others! LOL!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #6

Yes hats off to Craig and Deb what a great idea and what fun we had Sharon and I and (Sugar) had a great time and we are looking forward to doing it again. If anyone is traveling thru Missouri any time just give us a call so we could meet up. Safe travels everyone
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #7

we're back home now

let me start off with what a great group of rv'ers you all were. we both enjoyed everything we all did together. saturdays grill-out had such great food & conversation. for only knowing each other from this iRV2 forum for a short time, a Big Thank You for Craig n Deb and Huntnski for deciding to do this. you handled it like a couple of pros from campground choice to fridays restaurant choice.

everyone have safe travels & enjoy the summer.

Ralph & Irene
two slides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Cape Trip

Hi to all from that was on the Cape Girardeau trip. Jim, Abbie and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope we can all meet again in the future.

Craig, just thought I would tell you I just watched "Gran Torino" and remembered that I actually had seen it before. I have to say it was a good movie.

We have a problem with getting our front leveler's down as in they won't come down at all so Jim has been working with that today; therefore, he hasn't had a chance to work on the group picture yet. As soon as he gets it edited I will try to determine how to get a copy to anyone that wants a copy.

Thanks to you and Tim for getting the trip together.
RVM58
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok Cape Crew, Mary and I have found two maybe three weeks starting after July 8th that we have open. Need your suggestions on some neat places to see in your areas. Ginny,Jim no offense, but well most likely travel North to escape some heat and humidity. If you have some suggestions on things to see as well as places to stay please let us know. Our sons wedding moved to June so we are hitting the road after our July 4 th trip.
Oh yes, any of you are invited to join our "see the world tour".
Cape Girardeau, MO-done that!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Tim,
I would have several places that you should check out!
1: Door County, Wisconsin! Beautiful and plenty of things to check out!
2: Galena, Illinois! Very pretty and a very cool town!
3: Starved Rock, Illinois! Lots of history and so much to see.

As a matter of fact I would take the river north from your place up the Illinois side into Wisconsin about 1/4 of the way into WI, then cruise across Wisconsin and shoot up to Door County spend some time there and then cruise south along Lake Michigan and you will find some very cool things to see and do! I would say that would be a great trip!
Just my opinion! LOL
I hope you are well Tim! We hope to see you soon!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #11

Herman Missouri it a old river boat town with lots of history and winery we are going to make a trip there over the summer . New Orleans, Memphis are nice too We are headed to Colorado the last weekend of July and the First week of aug if u want to tag along. And Craig is right Door county is a nice place
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Randy for invite, we're looking at the Wi. area that will be new territory for us. Where in CO you going and your itinerary for your trip, we've only been to CO in winter and always planed a summer trip!

Oh by the way, got my RV barn finished, IT FITS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	37292  
Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey no offense to us. We are leaving in June and dont plan on coming home until September when the heat becomes semi-bearable. We are also going to Colorado. Maybe we could get a group to meet there.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow Tim!!
Taking my suggestion on Wisc. and showing me that monster building for your coach!! That is beautiful!
Love It!!!
Great Job!