Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #1
Is Camping in the Daytona Infield area dry camping only? Are there any full hook ups there? Also is it MH only?

02 F250 PSD
03 Carriage Cameo F27RKS
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2006, 03:56 AM   #2
Is Camping in the Daytona Infield area dry camping only? Are there any full hook ups there? Also is it MH only?

02 F250 PSD
03 Carriage Cameo F27RKS
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
I regularly attend the Daytona Turkey Run held in the infield driving our MH into the area. The only hookups I've ever found have been 120 volt outlets.

Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I have regularly attened the 500 and 400 for many years but stoped this past year when they changed everything and we were out west. I have talked to some friends that have confirmed that there are new full hook up areas at $3500 for the week of the 500 race. you can call the track and get all the info straight from the horses mouth. Good luck and if you can afford it you will have a blast. We always did but it just got to be too expensive for us at that track. You can do a seach on this forum for more info on this and other tracks too.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
We camped in the infield for the Pepsi 400 last year in our 32 foot Jayco TT. There are paved full hook ups (water, electric, sewer, cable) $$$$$ the full length of Lake Lloyd. These sites are also fenced and gated!!! Behind them are dry sites. Most of these sites are 20 X 40, and you must get everything (trailer, toad, tow vehicle, etc) on the site. They can be tight, with your awning almost touching the unit next to you. You may also have a Home Depot generator blasting in your ear. I had a MH with a diesel generator aimed at my front door (phew). There are also sites with hookups coming off turn 4. Between turns 1 and 2 are more dry sites. If you don't want to spring for the full hookup sites ($$$$), the cheapest dry sites are those that back up to the full hookup sites. They call this the "red" section. We stayed in this red section that backed up against the fence of the full hookup sites. This actually worked out pretty good, as the main road that bisects the track was in front of us (lots to see and entertain you), and the fence was behind us. I fired up my Honda 3000 at noon on Wednesday, and never turned it off until Sunday morning. I burned only 21 gallons of gas in 3 1/2 days and that was with the A/C running the whole time. It was an experience, but prices are up again this year. Four days in the dry camping red section for the Pepsi 400 last year was $450. The full hook up sites were $950 for 4 days. Keep in mind, that these prices include your tickets, fan zone, etc.
2002 Jayco Eagle 300FSS Travel Trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 w/Duramax, RDS 60 Gallon Toolbx/Tank Combo, Edge EZ, Boost Stick, Bilstein Shocks, Michelin 265 MS2, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost Gauges, ARE Topper, Honda EU3000
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #6
Ditto Hemi. Scotty.

2005 FourWinds 24T motorhome, 23' Stratos walk around, 1991 FXRS + 1994 XL 1200, 3 Springer spaniels and wife.
Fxrscotty is offline   Reply With Quote