Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Was there in 2010 and had a blast. Boy it was hot and the campground was closed due to rain, so we ended up dry camping 10 miles away and riding a tram to the grounds.
IronMan,
I heard about that year. Besides the weather, most people I talked to last year said they made the best of a bad situation, with all the rain, and still enjoyed the show, even though they were camping on the black-top at a closed shopping mall.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #16

The DW is suffering with some fairly serious medical issues, looks like a scrub for this year........

Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #17

I live about 15 miles from the air show and to this date have not been able to make it to the show. Told DW next year I will park the rig and be a worker.

Very hot again this year with some heavy rain at times.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #18

That's just typical Oshkosh weather...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Iron Man
We too were at the 2010 Air Venture. That was our shakedown cruise after taking delivery of our 2011 Revolution 42W at the factory in Decatur. Of course when we got there we were parked on a county road at the extreme south end of the field. We were there until the county said they had to clear the road of all MH. That was after a garbage truck took off a mirror and almost removed a door when someone was exiting their MH.
Was quite exciting and a memorable first trip in our new MH.
Oh yea, the Air Venture was great!!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonK View Post
Iron Man
We too were at the 2010 Air Venture. That was our shakedown cruise after taking delivery of our 2011 Revolution 42W at the factory in Decatur. Of course when we got there we were parked on a county road at the extreme south end of the field. We were there until the county said they had to clear the road of all MH. That was after a garbage truck took off a mirror and almost removed a door when someone was exiting their MH.
Was quite exciting and a memorable first trip in our new MH.
Oh yea, the Air Venture was great!!
We saw the RV's parked on the road and heard the story about the garbage truck. That was a narrow road.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #21

Last time I flew into Osh-Gosh was 1993 Had to taxi for about 40 minutes.Both engines in the red. Watched the Concord do touch & goes. I believe it was 1993. Came back home to the big midwest flood.

3 laps around Rush Lake after an accident closed the field, then Back to Fond-u-lac for Fuel and wait till Whitman re-opened and then back up.Took 1:45hr to get there and another 2:5 hrs to land.

Great time but getting too old to camp out under the wings.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got back from Oshkosh 2012, another great year, weather was a little warmer than usual for Wisconsin but thats the norm everywhere this year. I think attendance was a little lighter than in the past and it showed in the camping areas also. But another great time. We did divert on the way home and stopped in Lake Geneva WI. for for the day and got hookups that evening. Love plugging in after a week of dry camping. All ready looking forward to next year. Bryan
Old 07-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrowne View Post
I think attendance was a little lighter than in the past and it showed in the camping areas also.
It was the same at Sun 'n' Fun this spring, it seemed like a ghost town, so much o the food vendors were disounting the prices just to get people to spend some money, I don't think I've seen that small a show as far back as I can remember.

I think Verizon had about 12 booths just so there'd be something in all the empty ones.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
MIssed it this year.. :(
Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Mike, I'll be across lake MI from you near Traverse City.. We're headed up from Texas.
We won't make Oshkosk, but are looking into what it would cost to ferry a 32' Class-A across...
CB1000rider,
Did you ever find out if you could ferry your 32' across Lake MI & the cost? We're going to Oshkosh from Virginia the end of this month and would love to do that. We have a 31' Class C. Thanks