RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:46 AM   #1

FMCA Rally

Thinking of attending our first FMCA rally in March. The question I have is if we
Camp for the entire time, is there a honey wagon that comes around to pump you out, and a water truck for water to refill your coach?

BBSTM8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes we attended the Perry Rally this last March and there is pump out services available. We had water delivered as well as a pump out. They will give you instructions on where to go to sign up for this service... You prepay and then they give you a placard that you place in your windshield...

Toad: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
W0GEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:29 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes. My understanding it is not a problem. WE will be attending as well and it will be our first rally.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
FMCA Rally

When you get your welcome package ask where the vendor service area is. IIRC they also have a sign up desk in the welcome package area for both water and honey wagon. Best idea is to come with a full fresh water tank and empty black/grey tanks.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
With your Tiffin,you should be able to go the entire convention with your on board water and holding tanks and not need a pump out or a refill
Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #6

Please forgive the elementary nature of my question, but what is an RV rally? I went to a couple of dog shows with a friend in a motorhome and there were a gazillion RVs at the show. What's different about an RV rally?
Jaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
An RV Rally is focused on RV's and the lifestyle around it...
As a dog show you likely had vendors displaying Canine stuff... At an RV show you have vendors displaying RV stuff.
You also have speakers and technical presentations as well as entertainment...
We went in March as we were fairly new to the class A world, and had so much fun we even upgraded our coach with one of the dealers there!
Toad: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
W0GEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #8

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSTM8R View Post
Thinking of attending our first FMCA rally in March. The question I have is if we
Camp for the entire time, is there a honey wagon that comes around to pump you out, and a water truck for water to refill your coach?

If you are talking Perry, GA Yes there is a Honey wagon. I suggest you dump just before you arrive. FYI there is a campground just across the interstate from the FMCA event so if you really need to you can dump just before you pull in to the GA fairgrounds.

FYI I am giving 2 tire seminard(and 4 Genealogy seminars) at the FMCA event.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:12 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
FMCA Rally

At Perry they use large diesel generators with electrical cords run out from then. They layout parking spaces that are tiny and have you park your car under your awning. They layout 30’ grass roads for fire lanes so you can’t park in front of your rig. The officers of FMCA get full hook ups and plenty of space. The members get packed in on grass lots. If it rains it can get very muddy very quickly.

Parking rigs on top of each other, where plenty of space exist, is a disservice to members...and dangerous with generators and aquahot.
There are acres of unused grass. I complained to FMCA that for over $120 per day members should get more space. At Perry you’re packed in like sardines.
I posted the issue on FMCA’s message board and got this in return to my feedback

Attachment 225733
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #10

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
At Perry they use large diesel generators with electrical cords run out from then. They layout parking spaces that are tiny and have you park your car under your awning. They layout 30’ grass roads for fire lanes so you can’t park in front of your rig. The officers of FMCA get full hook ups and plenty of space. The members get packed in on grass lots. If it rains it can get very muddy very quickly.

Parking rigs on top of each other, where plenty of space exist, is a disservice to members...and dangerous with generators and aquahot.
There are acres of unused grass. I complained to FMCA that for over $120 per day members should get more space. At Perry you’re packed in like sardines.
I posted the issue on FMCA’s message board and got this in return to my feedback

Attachment 225733

Jeff, I am just a member and not involves in setting up space. Sorry you had unsatisfactory experience. Not sure where you got the $120 a day figure, or what year you went to Perry. I see that the current registration for 4 days & 5 nights camping is $225 for driver & co-pilot.
I have seen many parking their toad in front of their coach. Yes there are a few full hook-up sites but when you have over 2700 Class-A RVs there is no facility in the US that can handle that that many. There are also a number of requirements and restrictions that limitethe possible locations.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:05 PM   #11

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
Please forgive the elementary nature of my question, but what is an RV rally? I went to a couple of dog shows with a friend in a motorhome and there were a gazillion RVs at the show. What's different about an RV rally?

You can visit FMCA website to see a list of seminars and programs offered click HERE.
Check the "Events" in the top banner of the FMCA web site gives some information.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just out of curiosity - how many rigs were at that AIM Gala? could the venue hold upwards of 3000 rigs?
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Jeff, were you the one that raised the issue of changing the governing board makeup by having a director get so many votes to cast, etc?

Why didn't you show up in Gillette to vote your proposal?
Old 11-14-2018, 02:22 AM   #14

Is Jeff W the same who is the aim marketing officer? If so, the use of "they" instead if "we" has a perception issue imo.

Do26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally