Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FMCA Rally (SEA) Don't have to be a member

They allow non members in at the gate so feel free to check it out. I think it's the same cost. 129 pre reg, and 144 for reg at the gate. If your not an FMCA member it's a good way to see if you like the people in it and check it out. I did it that way and I was sorry I didn't join sooner.

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FMCA is scurrying about trying to retain/increase membership so badly they may start offering prospective members prizes to attend functions hoping they will join.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We're going to be there is 2 weeks. I am going to venture that the attendance will be the same or better than last year. This is a very well attended event and a much sought after opportunity by the many vendors that support the SEA.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I won't be at that rally this year but have attended it a few times. Great rally. I renew my FMCA membership 5 years at a time. I like to support organizations that support this industry.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
FMCA is scurrying about trying to retain/increase membership so badly they may start offering prospective members prizes to attend functions hoping they will join.
This has never been discussed in any executive board meeting.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
This has never been discussed in any executive board meeting.
I stand corrected. What I should have written is should be scurrying...

According to Paul DuBois, FMCA National VP Northeast Region, FMCA is experiencing a lose of over 600 members per month and he saids thats a conservative figure.

There is a lengthy thread on the FMCA forum titled "Open letter to FMCA" if anyone cares to read it.

I didn't intend to insinuate anything positive or negative regarding the FMCA organization I was simply stating they ought to do something to retain/increase membership if they are to survive.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
On the subject of membership loss;;; In our club/chapter of Winnebagos At one of the meetings it was discussed at lenght, Family motorcoach , be cause everyone droped out or was droping out;; The consences was . You are paying for 100 pages of ADVERTISEMENTS, and they all droped out; The upper ups in the orgenization must be making big bucks. That is the reason for all that crap they are trying to sell us. We belonged for over 30 years. Not no more..;;
Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'll be there. I was encouraged to attend by a couple of Florida friends. Turns out neither of them can make it. Guess I'll just have to make new friends.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally