Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

FMCA Western Area Rally Jan 9-13, 2013

Anyone ever heard of this at a rally?

FMCA only has 900 elect sites available for this Rally. They have sold much more than that. So even if you have paid for an elect site for this Rally...

Per offical response from FMCA.. see website Western Area Rally Question - FMCA Motorhome Forums

Rally is Wed-Sun Jan 9-13. If you arrive on Wed you won't get elect, Tues
late maybe not, but if you arrive on Sun-Mon & pay $20 nite to dry camp then you will get elect.

What?? I have never not paid for elect at a Rally or Convention and not received it nor have I ever heard of this before.

Have anyone out there ever experienced this. This is my first FMCA rally.

Also, if you show up on Wed they will refund you the elect cost but like
me I'm traveling with someone who needs elect (they use a C-PAP machine at nite). They will keep my rally fees. I'm shocked to say the least.

'97 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy, '98 Saturn Wagon, Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake
rvgrammady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club

Yes I have and in fact attended numerous times.

FMCA only has 900 elect sites available for this Rally. They have sold much more than that. So even if you have paid for an elect site for this Rally...

I don't think they have oversold the electric sites. What happens is that if you purchase electric, you will be given an entry date so that a space will be available.

Per offical response from FMCA.. see website Western Area Rally Question - FMCA Motorhome Forums

late maybe not, but if you arrive on Sun-Mon & pay $20 nite to dry camp then you will get elect.

Might be true however if you did pay for electric and don't arrive in time to be given your spot, you will get a refund.

What?? I have never not paid for elect at a Rally or Convention and not received it nor have I ever heard of this before.

Electric is supplied by a contractor and is very expensive. If a contract was let for 2,000 electric sites and only 1,000 showed up, guess what happens. The rally has lost that much money.

Since this is your first FMCA event, I suggest you go and have a good time. The Western Area rally is one of the larger on the west coact because it is held during the winter months when there is a large group of people from Oregon and Washington in the desert for the season.

me I'm traveling with someone who needs elect (they use a C-PAP machine at nite). They will keep my rally fees. I'm shocked to say the least.

If you go to the rally, yes they will keep your rally fees but if you aren't in electric, you will get a refund.Hopefully you have registered early enough to get electric. Electric is given on a first registered first issued. Your friend could get electric because of a medical condition.

Don't be shocked, I think you are over reacting.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgrammady View Post

We have attended this rally several times but its been a while since we were there.
If you have a medical condition you should sign up as Handicapped and that will give you assurance and priority for electric. It always got us top priority as my wife had to use and electric scooter.

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #4

UPDATE

I spoke with Carol who is handling the Rally..

She has talked to the Rally Director and the FMCA .. Administrator who
posted on the FMCA web Forums under
Area Rallys was ahhh.. the comments were confusing.?? not incorrect .. confusing.. oh yeah? it was pretty straight forward to me.

So per Carol.... If you received your package and it has the "G-electric" page included you will have electric if you show up on Wed.

So they will issue a statement tomorrow.. (on web, facebook, FMCA forum, where???) ...

She asked that I post this to correct previous statements.

OK did my job... not addressed that there is 900 elect sites and some
2000 RV's expected.. guess 1800 are in generator parking.. yeah right.

OK I'm going to think positive now.. positive... positive... ah. yeah
OK... Positive...

GrammaDy California

Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #5

"OK did my job... not addressed that there is 900 elect sites and some
2000 RV's expected.. guess 1800 are in generator parking.. yeah right."

Guess I don't understand your statement. Don't you believe that there can be 1800 coaches in generator only parking? Well, I've been there and the numbers are pretty much spot on. This is a very popular rally as I said and a lot of people show up.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgrammady View Post

My CPAP (actually a BI-PAP but used as a CPAP) will easily run overnight off my battery bank along with everything else we use like TV etc.
We've been to several FMCA rallies and, while we've been pretty crowded at some, we've never had a problem with getting what we paid for.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #7

I don't have an inverter to run a/c off my batteries. It's my brothers C-PAP & it is elect only no battery either.

I thinking positive and believe I will have elect. & a grand time.

I have been to other rallys & Conventions (not FMCA.. this is 1st time0
so plan on enjoying it.

Gramma Dy

Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I'm one of the FMCA Western Area Captains for this rally, you shouldn't have any problems getting electric if you paid for electric. Depending on your arrival date, electric power is being phased in starting on Sunday the 6th. We have more electric site available this year than last. Show up and enjoy yourself. I'll be there from the 6th to the 13th.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #9

What does phased in mean. so If I come on tues. then I'm not in overflow. I will be in my electric site. or I can get electric and then move on wednesday?

I don't understand phased in....

Tags
rally