Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketList View Post
My wife and I are planning to go. We do NOT yet have an RV and hope to see several luxury DP coaches and in particular Newmars product line. I have a couple of questions for those that have been to this rally before:

1) Since we will be driving by car and not camping there, is it worth getting a rally passport? Currently I am thinking that a regular daily admission is adequate. I plan on being there a total of 2 maybe 3 days depending on how much there is to see.

2) Can anyone recommend a nice 4 star hotel to stay at that is no more than a 30 minute drive from the rally location?

thanks!
Newmar is supposed to have it's 2013's there I sure hope so although my wife said I could look but not touch!!
They had a 2011 Essex at the Albany OR FMCA rally that I was ready to trade for, but it sold on Saturday.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am planning to go, but have not registered. If something comes up and I can't attend after registering I will lose 75% of the fees. Instead, I plan to register online a few days prior to arriving and pick up my entrance passes at will call.

Is there any disavantage to my plan?

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #17

DW and I are planning on attending too. Not sure if we'll do an electric or non-electric. We didn't have any problems staying 5 days in Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument (southern AZ) which is non-electric, as long as we can run our generator an hour a day, or thereabouts. The entertainment at the Rally looks to be good. See ya there.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Not a problem for us as we'll have electricity and can easily go a couple weeks with the onboard water and grey/black tanks without dumping.

One of the "troubles" with the walk ins is that they don't have access to the classes, nor the evening entertainment.
I should have qualified that: The Passport has full access to everything but you park offsite, the Day Pass gets you into the exhibits only.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was checking out the rally website for our upcoming trip to Phoenix. I sure hope that no one depends blindly on the given GPS coordinates. I discovered on the facilities page the coordinates given for the Phoenix International Raceway would take you to the middle of New York City!! I notified the rally personnel of the error and they were going to fix it. See you in Phoenix.
n7bq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #20

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, we'll be there but sure won't be spending as much as we thought!! Just got a medical bill for one grandson for around $3,000! Sure takes the fun out of going now. I told my wife that could happen if we put him on her policy. She doesn't think he understands that we have to pay for what he can't and he's unemployed.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #21

They fixed the coordinates. I used to live 1/2 mile from the track.

There are plenty of hotels along I-10 in west Phx and Avondale.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #22

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well, we'll be there but sure won't be spending as much as we thought!! Just got a medical bill for one grandson for around $3,000! Sure takes the fun out of going now. I told my wife that could happen if we put him on her policy. She doesn't think he understands that we have to pay for what he can't and he's unemployed.
When I got home from work I read the paperwork and it specifically says in a foot note that we are NOT responsible for the bill and the Dr's can't even bill us for the amount shown!!!!!!!

Whew, maybe we can get a new DirectTV antenna!

Tags
rally