Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipaulfla
We have been RV'ing for almost 2 years now and we have never gone to any kind of rally. Good Sam is sponsoring one in november at Daytona Speedway. We live in florida and figured this may be a good time to check out one of these.
Does anyone have any pros or cons on attending a rally. Is it worth going and the price to dry camp is $219 vs hookup for $49(30amp).

Thanks,
Tipaulfla
2008 Itasca Sunova 34ft.
2008 Jeep Liberty toad
Where did you get 219 and 49 for electric ? For the three days they told us 497 ???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was at Phoenix this past Spring and dry camped. It was an experience I am glad to have done, but for me, once was enough. I was impressed by how well the shuttle system was managed and enjoyed the night time entertainment.

If you are looking to buy a new RV or make an expensive RV related purchase, a rally is a good place to compare products from different manufactorers.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
typo...thats 479
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes. That makes more sense! . I can see wanting the electric but 260 dollars for three days? I do not use that much in my S & B in a month!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #19

Guess We are going to the Daytona Good Sam Rally. It starts Nov 2nd to the 4th. We have never been to a rally and this one is 4 hours away so it's time. I don't know what to expect for parking MH and crowds, but I soon will have my opinion ......
Old 10-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
We are going to the one in Daytona in November - Haven't been to one before so will let you all know what we think when we get back - BTW - We are dry camping and have never done that before - Should be an experience!!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are going to the Daytona Rally also. We have never attended a rally and figured this would be a good place to start.
Having Reba on stage sealed the deal.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Daytona Rally

This is our first also have been to 3 Fl state samborees we are going dry also that a lot for 30 a power. Have to leave Sat pm for wedding in Olando But back in on Sun am. See on web they made a change Kenny Rogers in stead of Kath McPhree on Fri nite
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseer33 View Post
Yes. That makes more sense! . I can see wanting the electric but 260 dollars for three days? I do not use that much in my S & B in a month!
At Phoenix they had larger diesel generators going 24 hrs a day. They had an oiler come by every day and service them. That's not cheap but it's still more expensive than a FMCA rally. And the FMCA ones usually include a catered meal or two.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #24

Is that for real? $219 for a dry site for 3 nights and $497 for one with electricity?

Two-hundred-nineteen and four-hundred-ninety-seven dollars?

What do they do there? Can't be an open bar, I can't drink that much. Can't be the endless buffet, I can't eat that much.

There is something I do not understand about this.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Is that for real? $219 for a dry site for 3 nights and $497 for one with electricity?

Two-hundred-nineteen and four-hundred-ninety-seven dollars?

What do they do there? Can't be an open bar, I can't drink that much. Can't be the endless buffet, I can't eat that much.

There is something I do not understand about this.
I went to one back in Louisville in June and it was our first. There were 4000 rigs so no open bar or buffet, you are on your own for food and drink. We were parked out in the South 40 with electric (central generator) and a bus to run you to and from the main convention center (too far to walk and no place to part your TOAD if you drove).

Bottom line, it is a BIG trade show with every vendor you can think of selling anything you would need or want. There was live entertainment in the evenings and tons of classes for you to attend as part of the overall fee.

Was the cost worth it? I went, I paid, however I do not think I would attend another Good Sam Rally but we did enjoy ourselves and I have bragging rights to say I went to a BAR (Big A** Rally)
Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've been to a rally or 2 but usually find a local spot to camp at a lower price. Rally's are nice, lots of good information if you have the time to spend.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #27

Arnolds - thanks for the reply. I'm enough of a backpacker and climber still to regard something like that as one big commercial and the facilities as completely undesirable.

Thanks for the warning, I think I'd rather spend the money burning dollar bills to roast a hot dog and have s'mores.

And clearly thousands of people enjoy it. I don't think it takes all kinds, we could get along without a few, but we sure have them.

Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #28

Thanks for asking the question. I found it fairly useful. We too are going to the Daytona rally and have never been to a Rally before. I don't have the package yet that identifies my space to park so I can't tell ya where we'll be. Just wanted to drop and line to say thanks for asking about the rally.

Chuck, Diane and Holly (the camper dog)
F350DRW4X4 Lariat - Doubletree RV Mobile Suites 36TK3

Tags
rally