RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #1

Hershey auto show and swap meet

I need information from people who have been there about Motor Home Parkin and camping during the show in early October. Not the regular campground but dry parking in the parking lot they set aside for it. I found very few details online. ?s include do I need to have a Gen-Turi for my generator, can I get the Motor Home out if I want to leave early. Is Toad parking included in the fee. Is there a place to dump when I leave. Any advice would be appreciated.

iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

Can anybody help me out with any information? Thanks

Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #3

We are going to the RV Show in Hershey (Giant Centre) next week and staying in the same place you are asking about.
Hopefully, this will answer some questions.
The Dry Camping is across Hershey Blvd. from the show, first come first serve, shuttle available (no pedestrian crossing), dry camping, no services, generators between 6:00 am-11:00 pm.
Cost is $55 plus $10 toad / night, definitely not a bargain.
You can use the dump station at Hershey Campground $15.00.
Not sure about in-out privileges.
We have stayed at the Tampa RV Show with dry camping and it was great.
I would expect Hershey to be similar.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #4

Why don't you get in touch with the folks putting on the show. I take it this is the car show not the RV show.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:27 AM   #5

Thanks for the information!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #6

I have been going for 35 years and camping. NO dump stations. I have never had anything on my gen set. I don't remember anything in the rules, but who knows. You will pay for all the nights when you show up. Even if you leave early you still pay. Yes you can get out early. It's not that tight. You pay extra for the toad.
Generally you pay more for each night at the car show than the RV show. I have done both and will do both this year. Leaving in the am for RV show.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #7

We arrive on Tuesday and leave Saturday after the car show is over. We have never used any shuttles from the lot and do not think there are any. Generators can be used except after 10 if we remember correctly....could be 11 pm. You pay for the number of nights in advance and are given a colored card for the RV.
Parking is not officially organized. Find a space and fill it. We find it very convenient because of the location to the fields.

2013 Holiday Rambler 36 pft, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #8

Thanks for the information.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #9

Hershey auto show and swap meet

We are Arriving for car show on Monday and leaving on Thursday or Friday.