Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lightbulb Hershey, PA RV Show - If I were to buy new today...

We spent a wonderful day at the Hershey RV Show today looking at what might be our next RV. (Not that we are in the market right now- we just bought a new one 10 months ago!).

IMHO, in the 200-300K DP segment, the Monaco and Holiday Rambler twins are a step above everything else. The interior woodwork-fit and finish, paint, Roadmaster chassis and Navistar engine make one compelling package. Some nice floor plans as well. Tiffin is a close second but still not comparable. If you get a chance to check out the new Monaco/HR DP's, you may come to the same conclusion.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #2

Thanks for the post OffTheWall!

If others are at the show, I'd love to hear what you are seeing in the travel trailer market (less than 8,000 GVWR) that is catching your eye and impressing you.
Stumblefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
I just got back from hershey after spending two entire days combing through the show I noticed a few things.

Everyone seems to want more space in every unit. That usually translates to slides. MANY of the coaches and trailers i looked at simply had slides that gave a much wider floor. Not really good USE of the space mind you. Just more space.

I'd like to see the manufacturers build some coaches (even as options) that would allow full use with the slides in AND out without too severe a compromise.

Interior fittings and workmanship is awful! Unless you pay for a top brand/top model everything is the same. Now I do not fault them for buying the same appliances, etc. But the installation, woodwork, trim, etc. Is just sub-standard. All very cheaply done. And yes, I understand the need for profit.

I noticed a LOT of 2 burner stoves in large coaches...really? And a small sink??? I know most people are going exclusively to campgrounds and plugging in, but does that mean they don't want to cook??

My 23'8" low profile Class A has 4 burners!! And a convection microwave that I have used as an oven.

Getting to class A low profile and compact. If you want something similar to what I have now the closest you can get is a Reyo/Via at 25 feet. Though it's not really low profile. My coach is 99" high at the A/C. The Reyo/Via is much taller. With today's increase in fuel cost, you'd think more efficient would be a good idea. I get 10-12mpg and it's a 1991! I am SURE with today's current engine/drivetrain technology we could do much better, or at least the same.

OK, soapbox mode off.

All in all, the show was fun!

Rick
Wanderman is offline   Reply With Quote