Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #15

Pocono just added a lot of powered spots. They were on the local news because they're using solar to provide the power.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Infield at Pocano

Hi Neighbor - Lee NH here, just returned from Dover DE - not infield but a great time, will be off to Pocano infield next week - our favorite track. Then NHMS, Watkins Glen and back to Dover this year.
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:49 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426smartin View Post
This is what it looks like from Ky
That looks very close to where our spot is, on back straight toward turn 3.
Camped for 7 years in infield of Talladega, love it
Camped inside Charlotte, its pretty good time, can see pretty well all the way around.
Infield at Darlington is very tight, 15x40ft spots but great place to watch the race.
TNMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc290 View Post
Hi Neighbor - Lee NH here, just returned from Dover DE - not infield but a great time, will be off to Pocano infield next week - our favorite track. Then NHMS, Watkins Glen and back to Dover this year.
So how far in advance did you make your reservations at any track?

David
Benwa Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:08 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwa Clan View Post
So how far in advance did you make your reservations at any track?

David
Depends on the track, some are booked up pretty far in advance. Best thing to do is call the track. Get on their website and print camping maps so while you are talking to the ticket person you know where the spots are they are offering.
TNMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
I’m no help with infield experience. We were going to go to Daytona infield but decided on turn 1 just on the outside of the track. Then got very good seats high on the front stretch across from pit road exit.

I like watching the race so choosing good seats where I could watch the entire race trumped being in the infield and not being able to see a lot of the track. I certainly understand the appeal of the infield experience but, for us, what we did worked perfect.
X2
Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNMike View Post
That looks very close to where our spot is, on back straight toward turn 3.
Camped for 7 years in infield of Talladega, love it
Camped inside Charlotte, its pretty good time, can see pretty well all the way around.
Infield at Darlington is very tight, 15x40ft spots but great place to watch the race.
spot #8 turn 3!
Old 05-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #22

Sorry I can't help you. NASCAR is too quite , not fast enough and takes hour to find the finish line. I prefer NHRA with 10,000 HP + machines and winner is found in under 4 seconds.
Click image for larger version

Name:	049.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	203978
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	050.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	203979  
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
reservatiuons

Good advice above - i make mine in early Jan/Feb, but realistically you can get "some" spot at about any track at the last minute. that lets you look around and see where you like and re-book early the next year. I just called Dover for the fall race this year and got into lot 8 with no problem. Pocano still has openings in teh infield, Watkins Glen is tight as that sells out every year. NHMS is a wild card - no one knows how busy the July race will be now that there is only one per year. I leave for Pocano next thurs, then NHMS, Watkins Glen and Dover in Oct will be it this season.
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrons31 View Post
First expect to pay a good amount of money. Infield at NASCAR can be pricey, especially the track side sites. Which is fine. But be aware. And book the spot as early as possible. They go fast.

You will be VERY close to your neighbor so the previous mention of the Gen-Turi is imperative. So close that you may not be able to extend your awning fully. And it could be loud as there can and probably will be some contractor type generators there.

Dump tanks and load up on fresh water prior to entering. You can pay to have pump outs and water from the rolling crews that they sometimes have.

Showers could be from a stand alone building to a tractor trailer that they roll in for the event.

My experience is from IMSA, INDY, and vintage racing. Those series tend to not gouge you as much as NASCAR. I have nothing against it and would pay it if I so desired. You should know ahead of time that you will/may have to pay for pit passes, paddock access, grid walk, and access to the other entertainment areas in the infield.

Depending on which state or facility you are going to you might not be able to bring out of state firewood in. Sometimes they limit fires all together. And there is a chance that open burns are not allowed and it will need to be in a raised fire container of some sorts.

And then there are the parties. It can get a little loud and crazy. I have been to Michigan Speedway infield and it was raucous to say the least. It lived up to it's reputation. Food and beer are at premium prices as well, so stock up. But that is ALL part of the fun of the infield !!!

Hope you have a great time!!!

NASCAR infield camping is somewhat between Mardi Gras and Sodom and Gemora. Disgusting. ....
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #25

Define party? Taladega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viciousharp View Post
I would recommend Talladega. Been few times camping the infield. Great atmosphere and an absolute party!
TALLADEGA HAS MANY RV SITES; Drinking....Smoking....Mature....Immature...and HELL RAISERS.
They have areas they recommend if you have children to stay away from the ROWDYS. I shall attach a photo of a RV open for business in the HELL RAISERS area. LOL
alpenlite29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
My wife and I just came back from infield camping at NASCAR in Fontana, CA. This was our fifth year and I did not enjoy it as much as I had in the past. Each RV spot is about 18 feet wide. The person on the driver's side of me almost tore off our slide as he was trying to back his trailer into his spot. Fortunately, I was there when he tried to back in and stopped him before any damage occurred. He literally stopped inches from our motorhome. Definitely left me with a very uneasy feeling. This is the same guy who decided to overflow his portable generator near my motorhome and the gasoline fumes somehow filled my bedroom area. I thought I had some type of fuel leak until he admitted he made a mistake. If this was not bad enough, the guys on the passenger side of me drank from the minute they arrived until they left. They did not have a trailer or motorhome, so they slept in their pickup truck and Jeep. At one point, one of the guys was so drunk, he fell backwards into the side of my motorhome. The motorhome shook and I though someone struck it with something. The same guy also decided to vomit next to my motorhome which was very unpleasant when we were packing up.

Don't get me wrong, it can be a fun event if you have the right neighbors. My wife and I are pleasant to our neighbors and always willing to assist them, say hello, or share some of our food/drinks, but we tend to keep to ourselves. We are very mindful of our assigned area and do our best to be good neighbors. We have season tickets for the stands, so when we get back to the motorhome after the race, we want to relax and not bothered by a bunch of 50 year olds trying to relive their 20's.

Bottomline - Your neighbors can make or break your experience.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:42 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Be aware that some tracks do not let you fly flags! Also, at most tracks, the best view is from your roof! If you can, bring along some sheets of plywood to lay down (cut to fit), if you have the room for them to set your chairs on!
As the other have said, your neighbors will determine if you have a great time or not! A genturi will be a must for your generator and aqua hot!
Enjoy the experience! Rail!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
We have been going to the Dover race for many years and they police that kind of stuff pretty well there.
We only had 2 bad incidents over the years. One for super loud music ( they had enough huge speakers for a large rock concert ).

The other happened when a group of like 8 guys came in a rented pull behind camper. The language was loud and foul.
To keep from peeing in their camper, they just went outside beside their camper. Security visited them several times, but it didn't help.Turns out they were all NYC cops. When they went to leave the slide got stuck and they could not get it to retract.
It was obvious that they didn't know what they were doing and they spent hours trying to get it in.
They bent it up pretty bad $$$$, but not one camper neighbor went to help.

Tags
camping