Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Last Call on Cape Girardeau, MO. Trip

Hey All,
I just wanted to make a shout out for the last call for our Rally in Cape Girardeau, MO.
We have quite a few IRV2 Members going as of now but, I want to be sure nobody misses this trip that may not know about it!
A group of us are going to Cape Girardeau, MO. for the weekend of April 12,13,14 some of us will be there on the 11th.
We are staying at The Cape RV Park in Cape Girardeau!
If you have the time and want to get your rig on the road, come on out and meet some fellow RV'rs!
This is going to be alot of fun in a very interesting town!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #2

Wish I would of read this earlier just made rev at Onondaga Cave for that weekend maybe next time
Randy blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Change your reservations Randy!! LOL
Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
RLS

How many coaches are signed up?
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #5

Good new we canceled or rev to Onondaga cave and are coming to cape gir
Old 03-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think that Randy just made and even 10 coaches so far.... We are building by the day!
Please keep us together and contact Betty at the Cape RV Park in Cape Girardeau, MO.
Randy I was kidding but, I am very excited that you decided to join us!!
So you guys know...we are doing a dish to pass dinner by the campfire on

Saturday Night! We decided it would be best to have each couple bring their own main course to grill and we will all bring sides to pass!

There are a few of us that are meeting in Mt. Vernon on Thursday Night at the Cracker Barrel for a little layover and a quick breakfast in the morning then caravan into Cape Girardeau, MO. There are also some of the people that are going to be in Cape on Thursday Evening.

Be sure to let Betty know that you are with the IRV2 Group when you check-in. This gets you by us and you get the discount!

This is growing by the minute!! It is going to be GREAT!!
Thanks
Craig
Old 03-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #7

I know u were just kidding but the rev at the park we changed to the fall with little cost. It's always nice to go camping with a group and get to know new people and exchange travel story's we Are looking forward for the first time out camping this year. When I made my rev today I didn't talk to Betty but I told them I was with the IRV2 group and as of today I made number seven. We are only about a hour and a half away from cape so we will be there early afternoon on Friday just in time to get set up and have happy hour cocktails
Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree Randy! That sounds great!
I am excited about the group that is coming!
It will be a good time!
See you in the Cape!!!
Craig
Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm just realizing how much I have go do to get my MH in shape! LOL Need to dewinterize, move stuff into it, finish the toad lighting, and bunches of other stuff just to get ready for the first real shake down of it.

So much to do, so little time. I don't think I am going to get my wheels as nice and shiny as Craig's.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss
....... So much to do, so little time. I don't think I am going to get my wheels as nice and shiny as Craig's.
Hey Don - Hire some roadies. Living the dream brother. Living the dream.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha Steve (flagship1) you going to trip up to MO. ? There is another coach coming from down your way (ginny47) . If you still can't. Come on over to Ouchita Lake State Park first 2 weeks of May and I'll tell you all the fun we had. And if we didn't have fun then I'll make stuff up. May have a little fish fry if DW will help me run my trotlines. Come join us, always looking to break in a new bait man! Tim
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Ha Steve (flagship1) you going to trip up to MO. ? There is another coach coming from down your way (ginny47) . If you still can't. Come on over to Ouchita Lake State Park first 2 weeks of May and I'll tell you all the fun we had. And if we didn't have fun then I'll make stuff up. May have a little fish fry if DW will help me run my trotlines. Come join us, always looking to break in a new bait man! Tim
Unfortunately the Cape is a stubborn place as I checked again this morning - still 613.7 miles from me. For a still working man that is considered a long vacation trip of 4 days round trip travel + play days. Ouchita is only 340 miles and a little more approachable. The big joke around here is "Dallas is centrally located. 1,000 miles from everywhere.".

We are already pretty set on travel to New Mexico late summer as we escape the Texas heat. Have eye set on some Texas Hill country trips in the fall. In between is still open and we may look ya up.

Can't wait to retire next year and go full time. I know many people love "recreational RVing" but it is just too darn restrictive when ya have an anchor - be it job or S&B for us.

We are jonesing so hard for RV that we're headed to storage in an hour with bagels, coffee etc - to run generator - taking things up for outside bays etc.

Wish we could join ya at the Cape.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey RLS!!!
Are You in for Cape Girardeau??
Craig
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey Guys!
We have a definate 10 coaches for the weekend and some longer than that! I talked to Betty and she said there are a few calling and asking about space so maybe more are thinking of coming down!
Don't forget....Saturday night your specialty dish to pass and your own main dish to grill!
Awesome!!!!!
Craig