Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
March 2015 Good Sam Rally at PIR

Now that NASCAR has posted their 2015 season schedule I see that the spring Phoenix race falls on March 15, 2 days before early bird camping begins at the track for the Good Sam Rally! Based on prior year's NASCAR schedule the race would have fallen 2 weeks sooner, allowing plenty of time to transition between events.

This works for us as we'd love to attend both events but will be interesting to see how they can pull it off.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I see that GS did reschedule the rally for Feb. 24 to Mar. 1, because of the race change. That will be to bad for some because of other plans made. We will still be there, since being retired it is nice not to worry about time.

belanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We plan to be there, We signed up in July and now with the change in the rally dates we will still be there. It looks to be a great time.
trikeleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #4

I've always looked forward to GS rally's. And I've always had a great time meeting new friends, and buying new products. But next years rally they changed the discounts for their members. When I called to sign up, I was told GS had revised the discounts for 2015. I had lost most of my discounts that I had enjoyed in 2013. (Bummer) And the entertainment for the rally was also disappointing to me. After seeing Reba and the Beach Boys, I guess, I expected this level of entertainment again. So I've decided to skip the March 2015 rally.
2009 37ft Four Winds Magellan Ford V10:2011 Honda CRV Toad/2008 Keystone Sprinter
ewg1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
This will be our first GS rally, so we are looking forward it. It is nice now that I have retired so we will leave in January for the trip out there from Ohio stopping along the way where ever.
belanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We signed up some time ago, I volunteered for security or tram driving. Have to arrive the Sunday before (22nd). See you there.
We went the last time it was at Phoenix and had a great time even if we didn't get parked where we paid to be.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We'll probably see you there, Mr D - I also volunteered for Security, and my wife volunteered for something that doesn't require standing. When we leave there we're heading east to visit our son and his family in Norfolk, VA and then hit the Fantasy RV Tours' Washington DC Tour in April - quite a trip for us!
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
We'll probably see you there, Mr D - I also volunteered for Security, and my wife volunteered for something that doesn't require standing. When we leave there we're heading east to visit our son and his family in Norfolk, VA and then hit the Fantasy RV Tours' Washington DC Tour in April - quite a trip for us!
Alan: I specifically didn't volunteer the DW for anything due to her poor health. She's been off work for three years now and still not able to go back. Thank God for family leave, short term and now long term insurance. So far they don't even have an idea what's causing the problems, they're just able to treat they symptoms!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Alan: I specifically didn't volunteer the DW for anything due to her poor health. She's been off work for three years now and still not able to go back. Thank God for family leave, short term and now long term insurance. So far they don't even have an idea what's causing the problems, they're just able to treat they symptoms!
My condolences for your wife - mine is similar: she has sciatica, along with 3 bulging discs in the lower back, one artificial knee, the other knee bone-on-bone, and both hips deteriorating, along with osteo-arthritis! There are days when it's almost impossible for her to move, but she toughs it out most of the time. We're retired so we don't have the issue of lost pay to deal with, for better or worse! If she can sit she's fine so the volunteer guys said they'll use her at the registration table or something like that.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alan:
We have a 14 yr old grandson (15 next week) still with us (the older one graduated and moved out) that we ended up with when the DW's daughter died in 2008. DW was going to put her retirement paperwork in the next week. Now we really can't travel till the grandson graduates in 3 years so I'm still working as I enjoy it. (Evening/night security).
Yep, a sitting job would work well for the DW although she isn't as mentally sharp as she used to be, all part of whatever is wrong.
I had a '62 BMW R-60, isn't the Ural a distant copy/relative?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I had a '62 BMW R-60, isn't the Ural a distant copy/relative?
Yup - it's a copy of the old R71 if I recall. Russia bought some back in the late '30s and reverse-engineered them. Started building them for their Army and the factory is still in operation today. They've updated them over the years - the engine is 750cc, with a Ducati electronic ignition, Brembo disc brakes, and fuel injection. They build 2 models with 2WD - a drive shaft connected to the sidecar wheel - for serious riding in mud, sand, snow, etc! They build about 1500 bikes per year, and about 3/4 of them end up in the USA. We love ours - DW can relax in the sidecar and actually see something other than the back of my helmet!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #12

Official iRV2 Sponsor

We will be at the 2015 Good Sam Rally at PIR! We're looking forward to an incredible Rally and the opportunity to meet a lot of forum members as we have never been this far west for a Good Sam event.

5star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally