Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #1

Michigan International Speedway NASCAR

Going to be at MIS for the race on June 14th. Camping at Graves Campground starting on June 10th. Anyone going? This is our first time there. Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) ?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #2

We are going for our frist time also. We will be parked across the street, in a small lot. Friends from Ontario have bought the tickets and made the camping araingments.

Vet Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:40 AM   #3

Chuck could you tell me about Graves campground.We have stayed at Brookfest for the last 6 years for the June race and would like to move to Graves if I can get a spot with 30 amp electric. My main question is how hilly is it. Is there a certin area to go? They show section B has electric witch is the east side of the park. If anybody else has stayed there please reply. I have a 35, class A and I don,t want to get stuck on a side of a hill.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #4

Michigan International - Graves Farm

This was our first event at MIS and at Graves. Yes, the campsites can be unlevel. Ours wasn't too bad, although our front tires were off the ground when leveled. I would guess at least half of the sites were vacant. We were in Section B Row A electric. The sites were around 25' X 50', and if you're in the right spot (which we were) and had enough hose you can refill fresh water easily. We checked out spots for future use, and there are plenty of level ones. Row A was plenty level for us. Some rows toward the back did get worse.
We used the trams on Friday and Saturday, but walked to the track on Sunday - which wasn't bad. We were in section 34 row 53 at the top. What a view. Rather uneventful race except for the last lap.

Hope this helps.
Chuck
Old 06-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me what area to ask for that is fairly level. I would like to book space for next June and August in Graves. Where does the tram drop you off at the track? We like to shop the tents on the west side across the hwy. I think you sent me a message but I have no idea how to get it. Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #6

Tram

Snowfitter,

The trams picked up at the NW corner of Graves on raceday and the shower building on Friday and Saturday. They stopped at Turn 4 on Friday and Sat.
They stopped at turn 2 on raceday and then you would transfer to another tram on raceday if turn 2 wasn't where you wanted to be.

Chuck