Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
MIS NASCAR Aug. 2010

I would love to know if anyone is going to attend the Aug. NASCAR races in MI this year? This will be our first time attending and would love to hear some stories and advice on what to expect and where to camp. We were planning on camping in the infield or in the Turn 2 Retreat. Any info on these spots or others would be greatly appreciated. We would love to meet some of you there also. Ryan and Holly
Buckeyefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Buckeyefarm... Congrats on planning your first Michigan Nascar race! I wish we were going.. but it is a bit too far to make a weekend race.
I will suggest that you do have your water tanks full and the holding tanks empty...along with good walking shoes and lots of digital cards for your camera.

I am sure others who have been there will chime in soon.
Have a great time!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #3

Nascar Michigan

Turn 2 is one of the best spots. It has water hook up and 30 / 50 amp Power. You are the shortest walk to the TRAM and to the concert should they hold one. On the down side it is noisy because you are only 50 feet from the wall. Pump out can be arranged if you need but you can address that with staff when needed not a big issue.

I have attached a PDF of a new promo they are having this year. It has a few limits but a good deal no doubt. This offer is for Graves Farm Campground which is on site and looks like a state park and very much a family feel.

Graves has power but you would have to pay up a bit over the attached offer to get the 50amp.

Need anything let me know. We are local and will be on site for both races.

Don
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rally at the Racetrack.pdf (308.0 KB, 67 views)
dobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
We will be traveling with an 8 month old baby at this race was why we were thinking infield, that way my wife or I could head into the camper if needed. Is it possible to watch the race from the turn two camp ground or do we need to head inside to watch?
Buckeyefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #5

NASCAR MIS Turn 2

Buckeye.

You will have possilby an obstructed view of track from turn two.. There are large advertising boards that will get in the way but you may have a view between them.

We have small children as well and go to race in a Family kind of way. I do slip down into infield etc to have some fun but I like to be able to get away.

Turn 2 is nice. Most people have camped there year over year and do so for many of the same reasons you choose it. At night it will be family friendly. Most of the really loud stuff will take place on the infield which you will be able to see if you look down from your location.

Pound for pound probably the best campground if you can bring some bikes to peddle around you will not be sorry.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question

Are you allowed to bring your dog?
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #7

MIS and dogs

Funny you ask that.

This year for the first time ever they are allowing dogs in the Graves Campground only.

Good Question.

Don