Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nascar - Cheez-it 355 at Watkins Glen???

Has anyone attended the Cheez-it 355 at Watkins Glen, NY? I am looking for tips on reserved RV sites and information on the "the Glen Club" package. We are willing to spend the cash for the reserved site (pit road is a little too steep) and possibly the all inclusive Glen Club package but there is no information on any of the nascar boards about RVing at the Glen. Any insight from someone with experience at the Glen is greatly appreciated.
wicksnikmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

wicksnikmike, I can't help with NASCAR except I understand it is very crowded. I camp on the infield during a sports car weekend. There are no hookups, it is all boon docking. Many of the sites are far from level. I had the help of a friend who camps there to get me on a reasonable site my first time. I spent several hours walking around the infield and noting sites I wanted to consider for this year. The sites are all grass and the access roads are stone but the ground crew is always on the ball for repairs. If you have a site trackside, there is a space of about 10' between the end of the site and the track fence. This area is public domain and other fans can sit in front of your site.

The phone # I use is 1-866-461-7223 for questions and reservations. I would wait a few days as this week is change your campground site if you want to move. All races are involved during this period. The staff at the Glen is very helpful and can answer your questions and send you info and maps.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have worked at the Glen for about 8 yrs. the best way to find your info is to geton their web site[www.watkins glen international.com] everything you want to know should be on it including package prices[garage pass ,pit pass, glen club, hospitality tents,etc.] good luck.
dgrandusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Only parking in H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksnikmike View Post
Has anyone attended the Cheez-it 355 at Watkins Glen, NY? I am looking for tips on reserved RV sites and information on the "the Glen Club" package. We are willing to spend the cash for the reserved site (pit road is a little too steep) and possibly the all inclusive Glen Club package but there is no information on any of the nascar boards about RVing at the Glen. Any insight from someone with experience at the Glen is greatly appreciated.
Seems all of the infield sites have been reserved for years and they have renewal rights
wicksnikmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #5

I just received an e-mail from The Glen advising me that tickets and camping sites are still available. All of their races were listed on the advertisement so possible the Cup race is sold out as far as camping goes.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote