Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #1

NASCAR fans take cover! The Cultural Left is after you.

"...The Leftist double standard is endless. You are not allowed to look cross-eyed at a black or a ********** but you can insult white NASCAR fans all you like, apparently.

Some Democrat lawmakers speaking in the legislature of Washington State recently described NASCAR fans as "toothless, white trash rednecks" and said of them "These people are not the kind of people you would want living next door to you. They'd be the ones with the junky cars in the front yard and would try to slip around the law."

Another high-powered intellectual in the State house -- the Speaker, in fact -- implied that NASCAR identity Richard Petty [above] looked like a drunken felon, saying "You mean the guy who got picked up for DUI?" In fact, Mr. Petty does not drink alcohol..."

Do you remember the chortling in the CL press when the tobacco industry got looted by the States and the tort lawyers? They were positive that would kill NASCAR because Big Tobacco was its main supporter.

MyFox WGHP | NASCAR Nation Fires Back at Left Coast Lawmakers

http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?conten...de=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #2

NASCAR fans take cover! The Cultural Left is after you.

"...The Leftist double standard is endless. You are not allowed to look cross-eyed at a black or a ********** but you can insult white NASCAR fans all you like, apparently.

Some Democrat lawmakers speaking in the legislature of Washington State recently described NASCAR fans as "toothless, white trash rednecks" and said of them "These people are not the kind of people you would want living next door to you. They'd be the ones with the junky cars in the front yard and would try to slip around the law."

Another high-powered intellectual in the State house -- the Speaker, in fact -- implied that NASCAR identity Richard Petty [above] looked like a drunken felon, saying "You mean the guy who got picked up for DUI?" In fact, Mr. Petty does not drink alcohol..."

Do you remember the chortling in the CL press when the tobacco industry got looted by the States and the tort lawyers? They were positive that would kill NASCAR because Big Tobacco was its main supporter.

MyFox WGHP | NASCAR Nation Fires Back at Left Coast Lawmakers

http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?conten...de=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Why bring it up? If someone is short and someone calls them tall do they even worry about it? Getting defensive, often, can justify the sterotype.

NASCAR is the hottest commodity right now. Has been the target of business strategist for 8 years. Bringing up a 10 year old stereotype only conveys how out of touch a politician is.

Besides, it's Washington State. They are grasping for attention as Seattle was trendy for awhile but, never really mattered much and is off the map.

Watch the fur fly on this one.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Some, if not most politicians are clueless about most things they vote on.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
JMHO, but where else can you see thousands of fans with their hats off, hands over their hearts when the National Anthem is played. Maybe that's what they don't like.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #6

I wrote the Washington politician and told him to attend one of those redneck events and total up the value of the RVs and the tickets.

There are some rednecks there, but they are the ones willing to defend the Country so that a ignorant politician can spout off his garbage.
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #7

I think they don't like the idea that this is one of the only sports I know that prays on national television.
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #8

It could be worse, they could be your legislators...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #9

Ha! No doubt!

However "thousands of fans with their hats off, hands over their hearts when the National Anthem is played." is music to my ears!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom and Patty:
JMHO, but where else can you see thousands of fans with their hats off, hands over their hearts when the National Anthem is played. Maybe that's what they don't like.[/QUOTE]
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:18 AM   #10

guess we dont have to worry about a new track being built in Washington State, thank goodness.

Neko & Nilla
rbracing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> However "thousands of fans with their hats off, hands over their hearts when the National Anthem is played." is music to my ears! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I see that watching Nascar on TV I TOO also stand and place my hand over my heart. Sometimes I am alone and sometimes I am out but Dammit, this is our country and no one will stop me or disrespect our land.

IronRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #12

Jelousy is a form of flattery.

88 Minni,E-350
DirtyDogg is offline   Reply With Quote