Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #15

Already been to the Fontana NASCAR race. Will also be there for the Labor Day weekend race camped in my front row, infield RV spot.

Also attending the Long Beach GP in a month camped at Golden Shores RV park.

Will attending the Indy 500 (no camping).

Larry
2004 Southwind 37C

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Doin the Dover, DE races. Used to go to the June Pocono Race, but NASCAR is getting too expensive.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:37 AM   #17

John:

That it is, but still too much fun! Just got done with the Fontana Race a couple of weeks ago (Turn 3 Row 3)- next might be the Labor Race there, but our big one is Phoenix- 6 days of complete fun. We're hoping to add two more spots to our reservations for a total of 8 for the 5 of us. PIR is EXTREMELY RV friendly- they go out of their way to make it a joyful experience. Even the local paper gets delivered every morning there to every single campsite. Check my pic site in my sig for some pictures of the events we've been to.

We've also been to Vegas, which is another great RV track- would love to be on the backstretch on MH row! I fell in love with Nascar in 1997 when I got to go to the Brickyard- have had goosebumps ever since. And I'm envious of Outbumm...my next track I'd love to be at is Charlotte.

A couple of years ago we were going to do SpeedWeek @ Daytone, but after finding out the infield was $1500 and didn't allow any 5vr's, we dropped that idea like a hot potato.

Which...BTW...has anyone tried out the new FanScan radio/TV that Nextel has to rent? We did- what a great item to have at the racetrack! Supposedly, they're gonna be available for sale in May for about $400, but the downside is they only work at the tracks. They rent for $70 for the weekend.

Sean
Old 03-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #18
K

We'll be in Atlanta next weekend. For the rest of the year we'll do the St. Louis and KC races and probably one other cup race, haven't decided which yet. We've been to all of the KC and St. Louis races and the Atlanta races since '97. We've also been to a race or two (maybe 3) at Charlotte, Bristol, Martinsville, Texas, and Kentucky. I really want to go to Richmond, just haven't been able to work it out yet.

I'm so ready to head out to Atlanta--that is the only track we go to that I can be sure I'll freeze my rear end off and get a sunburn all in the same weekend!

-Karen
Old 03-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'll freeze my rear end off and get a sunburn all in the same weekend!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ain't a kidding, after both races last year we prefer the fall a little bit better, the weather was much nicer. It rained in march and for my thin blood that was hard to deal with.

02 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab 8.1 / Allison
Disney Campers - Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #20

The DW and I have tickets for both races at NHIS and stay in the "X" lot
#3and8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:29 AM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
We go to the July Pocono race and camp in the Reserved Infield RV section.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 AM   #22

Got back from Bristol yesterday ! First time a race has been red flagged for snow at Bristol for the Busch race on Saturday. It was cold all weekend, but it was still awesome !!!
**** that Matt Kenseth !!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
Amen to that! I predict future fireworks between 24 and 17.
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Will be Phoenix the 20th. RV spot is front row behind our seats in the Allison stands. Super place, lotta fun. Go ta both races each year and do Vegas also. Don't like Fontana, not RV friendly! When I retire will hit alot of the other tracks, can't wait but will have ta.
Let me know if yer goin maybe we'll hook up.

Later,

daysu47
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #25

We've camped at Darlington, Talledaga, Michigan, Bristol and Indy. Last fall we flew to Phoenix for that race. Talledaga is probably my favorite, I know a lot of people don't like restrictor plate races but it is exciting to me when the entire field screams by in a pack and they are all on the same lap. They have great campgrounds at a cheap price ($80)outside turn 1, and cheap tickets for the race, as low as $65 for the Busch and Cup races. For Brickyard weekend we get tickets to the Truck and Busch race at Indianapolis Raceway park and camp with the Ford SD club (FOKISD) at Raceway park. $150.00 camping includes electric if you're a member. It's within 10 miles of the Indy 500 track.

Mike
Old 06-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #26

NASCAR race at NHIS in a couple of weeks, we'll be there in lot X.
#3and8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #27

Going to Phoenix, (both races), Las Vegas and Fontana. Best RV spot is Phoenix. We stay in the "free",(now $40 per steering wheel), rv area behind the Phoenix track. Dry camp there the entire week of the race. We stay at Sams Town for the Vegas Race. Fontana isn't so good for RV'ing so stay at a friends house.

2005 Sea Breeze LX 8375, w/triple slide, W24 Workhorse, Jeep Cherokee toad
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #28

Went to Dover in June, returning in Sept.

2004 pace arrow 37C
Robo1a is offline   Reply With Quote