Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Edw

New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Thinking of going to NH for Sept race weekend. It would be Laurie and me with 2 little dogs. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
We would like to go for Thursday - Saturday and bug out Sunday when big the race starts.

Sea Breeze 31'
Edw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Edw,
I'm a regular at NHMS for the June race. I'd suggest a stay from Thurs. thru Monday as "bugging out" on Sunday might be impossible!
When staying on the track property, people are jammed in pretty tight. Between awnings, parked vehicles within the roadway, turning radius, the ability to pull up stakes and leave can be nil.
Unless you can manage an end row parking position, I'd plan for a longer stay.
I can't speak to off track parking because I've always stayed on site. However, there are quite a few off site locations available along the way to the track. Problem here is the walking distance to the track and the load you have to carry (ie. cooler,seat cushions etc.)
Any other questions/concerns ask away and I'll try to help.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Edw

Looks Like Skipping NH

Weve camped at a few places and always had fun both at the races and hanging out at the track camp (Dover, Bristol, and the local tracks Seekonk, Stafford, Monanock and Thompson). We like to ride our bikes around and see things but NH has a no bike policy in the camping areas. We dont ride on Sundays and respect the peds but looks like NH could be restrictive? Not to mention getting out on Sunday AM could be impossible. Thanks for your info.

Sea Breeze 31'
Edw is offline   Reply With Quote