Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #1

We have never been to the Pheonix track and plan on camping in the unreserved sites. Plan on being there 6 Nov. Here are a couple of questions.
1. Best loop to camp in?
2. What time should we get there to check in?
3. Water & Dumping
4. Overall how much difference is reserved vs unreserved
5. Any other info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #2

We have never been to the Pheonix track and plan on camping in the unreserved sites. Plan on being there 6 Nov. Here are a couple of questions.
1. Best loop to camp in?
2. What time should we get there to check in?
3. Water & Dumping
4. Overall how much difference is reserved vs unreserved
5. Any other info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 10-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Falcon88

I see this question has been a while waiting for some answers. I can only supply a few of them
Unreserved parking "in the desert" is 40 $, for the whole week if you want. We used this last year, came in Wed AM, left Monday noon after the races..and it was fine, cleared marked spaces, plenty large, and sure worth the price.. Dont know $$ of reserved..

Water and drain wagons come around, but I dont know the cost

"Bashas" ( large grocery chain) have a full service grocery store up near the racetrack, regular prices, and tho in a huge tent, is pretty complete.You can ride or walk there,

Shuttle buses constantly run the whole property. Free, get on and off as you please

Free Phoenix newspaper thrown on your site every morning..Free!!

I'm pretty sure a vehicle comes around selling Ice on a regular basis, but I dont know the $$

My only complaint was the widespread use of fireworks, including arial(sp) type. I finally retracted my awnings after much debris hit the roof. No damage, but didnt like it. Cops say., "I have to ask my commander if I can stop it", then never return
Its the only NASCAR races I've been to, but I can't imagine it being run any better. Lots of help, friendly employees, clean and in good repair.. Hope you havn't given up on hearing any answers to your questions, .. and you enjoy the races...rgr..
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #4

Thanks for answering Falcon's questions. I had similar ones. Where is the 40 dollar parking located in regard to the track's location?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:34 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
WDOAFQ asked..<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where is the 40 dollar parking located in regard to the track's location? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would guess the farthest west end of the NR parking area, is about 1 mile plus, west of the track ( which is itself easternmost on the property). If the distance is daunting, remember that there is a free shuttle service that runs pretty continously. Nearest corner, which was pretty well filled when we got there on Wed morn last year, is maybe 1/4 mile away..There is a road running from the entrance east to the track, and the unreserved is south of that road. (tho there may be some north also). The folks at the property entrance booth will direct you... Its "improved" desert, cleared, "limed" out and generously sized IMO..rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote