Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Pomona CA, RV Mfg show

The big RVIA show in Pomona Ca will be here Oct 10-19. Much info on their suite. I live so close so I'll be there just to kill some time. FYI, if you go there and want to venture out for anything, go North to Foothill Blvd everything is there, do not go South.

Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #2

I just wish they would either give space away free or real cheap to the after market vendors to get them to come back to the show. The Tent has been so empty for the last many years. We go every year because we find it fun to see many of the new rigs, so we may see your there. And yes, if someone has not been there before, the food services are minimal so plan on heading back to Foothill for lunch or bring a sack lunch. JMHO

Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I know the area, I live about 3 miles North of the show. Need a good free camp, Sams, Home depot, and Wallmart about 5 miles west in Glendora. Many places to eat there also. Walmart is doing construction so Home depot and Sams might be better.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:13 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
I just wish they would either give space away free or real cheap to the after market vendors to get them to come back to the show. The Tent has been so empty for the last many years. We go every year because we find it fun to see many of the new rigs, so we may see your there. And yes, if someone has not been there before, the food services are minimal so plan on heading back to Foothill for lunch or bring a sack lunch. JMHO
We went last year.

Food service was awful! Very little in the aftermarket tent as mentioned.

However there were a TON of vendors there with a LOT of RV's on display.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
We went last year.
Food service was awful! Very little in the aftermarket tent as mentioned.
However there were a TON of vendors there with a LOT of RV's on display.
Food services/choices are bad. However, if I'm starving, we head over to grab a Pink's hot dog albeit so expensive there. Ate a lot of Pink's at their original location when I was assigned to work in Hollywood back in the late 70's.

My wife and I will be heading there on October 10th, which is opening day, but will be dreading the drive home in Santa Clarita on the 210 Fwy (the show is an all-day caper for me).

Lots of RV's last year and continued disappointment in the Exhibitor Tent. May be making our final new MH purchase decision, which may either be a Newmar Ventana or Dutch Star. Hoping to actually purchase one year from now, break it in, and go full-time after my wife retires in two years. Selling the house, chucking it all, "moving" to South Dakota, and hitting the road to wherever.

Clancy
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Stay till the show closes then head north to Foothill Blvd. There are many places to have dinner there. I know, I live there. By then the traffic should be lower going through Pasadena.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:14 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
FMCA

In that area in March 2015 Family Motor Coach Association will holds its 91st Family Reunion and Motorhome Showcase at Fairplex in Pomona, Calif. The dates for the event will be March 26 to 29, 2015.

January 7-11, 2015
FMCA holds its' WESTERN AREA RALLY
Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival, Indio, CA

You can get information and Register for FMCA events online at FMCA is for motor coach and motorhome owners. Motorcoach articles, motor home blogs, motor coach advice and motorhome videos.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Went by the show today and the place is filling up with shiny new RV's. The tent is up. I'll try to do a peek in on Fri.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Went by the show today and the place is filling up with shiny new RV's. The tent is up. I'll try to do a peek in on Fri.
By reading and researching on irv2.com and elsewhere, it appears that things are picking up for the RV industry even more. I'm hoping for a good selection of the motorhomes we're interested in this year. Went late last year and a few of the specific units we wanted to look at were already sold and removed.

After (and even before) we usually hit a food spot in San Dimas and use Arrow Highway and White Ave. The 210 West of the 57 can be a nightmare sometimes. Even the Diamond Lane! I don't drive fast and usually never in a hurry. Just hate the old stop-and-go for no reason at all routine. Maybe we'll just have to hit up some friends in Rancho to hang out with until the LA traffic dies down, which will be around 3AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
President Obama at the RV show??? well, he will be landing at Bracket Field on Fri afternoon to declare 350,000 acres of the Angelus National Forest a National Monument. The speech will be at Bonilli Park. That will be about 1/2 mile from the show and will not involve city streets. yes I know the area well. So now I will be living next to a National Monument. Perhaps I can get a selfie with him, I"ll be the one on the far right.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
President Obama at the RV show??? Perhaps I can get a selfie with him, I"ll be the one on the far right.
I'm going to the show tomorrow (Friday). Steve Garvey will be there signing baseballs. $50 a ball? The President will be there for selfie's. $35,000 a pop.

Hoping to have fun anyway.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sunday the show was very busy. Most vendors I spoke with said things are better than last year. The tent is full or very close to it. A cold coke will cost you $4.50. The weather is perfect. Some Mfg's are not there so check first if looking for a special one. Northwood and Outdoors not there.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:09 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Beautiful Berner! Our Berner will be 11 years old in just two weeks. They are very very sweet as seniors, but he still does act like a puppy at times, just slower.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Took the Berner to the show last Sunday. We met many people that I would have never met, but that is the norm with him. I just found out that Rob Lowe has a Berner. See it on his commercial. Just add him to the list of stars with them. BTW, my boy just needs his majors and he will be a AKC Ch. But going to make him a draft dog till then.