Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #1

Quartzite RV show. Worth going?

We're thinking of going to the Quartzsite area next January for the RV show. We probably won't stay in Quartzsite we have a favorite place not far from there. I'm wondering if this is a good show to go look and see different new models. The wife and I are considering moving into a 40 foot Diesel Pusher. Does this sound like a good place to put hands on some of these coaches?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lots of vendor displays of all kinds of add-ons and extras. Several vendors with RV on display. I think it's worth going at least once. We go most every year. Enjoy the flea markets. We attend with a hero offroading group. Lots if clubs and groups regularly attend.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #3

I've been to the show for several of the past 8 years ;for about 3 hrs each time . That's about all I can stand of the crowds.
JMHO: Not where I'd shop for a new coach ; any that have been on display there would need weeks of clean up for openers.
Choose the brand you want to look at , find a dealer, and go to the dealership and look there, at least you can go through , without 15 other people tramping through the unit your trying to look at, while your in it.
From what I've seen , dealers use the show as a clearing house for used inventory, more than to display new , particularly anything high end.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #4

Not planning on buying there. Just look at Tiffin and Fleetwood mostly. HR too.
Went to FMCA in AZ this year but was unable to spend the time to see much.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
new to Full timing, is this where everyone go for the winter? or just for the venders
jproffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #6

Howdy!

The traffic and parking at Quartzsite can be horrible. Coming from the south on 95 the traffic will backup for miles. We always stay on the BLM and drive our Rhino atv in using it off road. There's much more to Q than the RV show, as mentioned its more about the vendors peddling there wares.
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #7

We're thinking of staying West.
How's the 10 coming in?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #8

I stay the winter there in a campground........lots to do and see, and there's more M/H's on display around town.....If you take the first exit, and cross over the 10, then take a right onto the main street, you'll have the advantage of stop lights (2) to help beat the mob.....the show is on the south side of 10, at the hwy 95 intersection...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post
We're thinking of going to the Quartzsite area next January for the RV show. We probably won't stay in Quartzsite we have a favorite place not far from there. I'm wondering if this is a good show to go look and see different new models. The wife and I are considering moving into a 40 foot Diesel Pusher. Does this sound like a good place to put hands on some of these coaches?
Your best bet is to go to the California RV Show at the Fairplex in Pomona next month. I noticed you are from Northridge. Pomona is a lot closer than Quartzsite, Arizona. There will be a lot of dealers and RV models to look at.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #10

But nowhere near the road trip.....lol
Old 09-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #11

Quartzsite is a trip all by itself but it's not like an RV show at the Tacoma Dome.
I've been a couple of times & really enjoy it all from the giant flea markets, the RVs & accessories to the variety of different RVs & people.
becida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Attended Quartzite a couple of years ago. One of the bigger disappointments ever for me ever. Always heard how large it was and how many vendors they had attend. What a wasted trip.

Guess I got spoiled by the Tampa Super show. Several times larger and many more vendors. Not sure I would be planning to buy a coach at either.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #13

Forgot to mention .

Because , Quartzsite , is a town of under 4,000 people 9 months of the year , during peak winter show times when there are 10+ times that many people around , many resources are stretched to the limit . ATM's have daily withdrawal limits , so if you need cash It can be hard to come by and many vendors , don't deal in anything but cash.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #14

Only 1 bank in town!.......Blythe has several, 20 miles west..