Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quartzsite RV show......anyone???

Like it says, anybody go to the big RV show in Quartzsite, AZ? We went last year because we had sold our toy hauler, and looking for a motorhome.

The big tent has tons of stuff, some you will probably like and some you won't. But, fun to look at for me.

We're planning to go this coming Jan, and take the enclosed trailer with the sand car with us for some play time. Our sand car is street legal, here in AZ, so it will be our way around.

Let's hear what all of you have to say about this show.....

Tank
BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #2

I would like to go but can't decide whether to bring the 2001 gasser I need to sell or the 2003 diesel I need lots of time and help with.
Drove through there last week going to L.A. It's only two hours from home here in north Phoenix.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Get somebody to drive the gas, and you bring the diesel. Settled. Now we'll see ya in Jan? lol
Old 10-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #4

That would be great but neither my wife, teenage son, or daughter have ever been behind the wheel.
I suppose if I was to get both out to I10 it should be doable for one of them to follow me.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #5

Yup, been there the last three years.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Was there last year, as first timers. A very enjoyable time. Have another group event elsewhere this year, else would consider to attend again.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #7

We will be there. First timers. Staying at Black Rock RV park
Old 11-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #8

We went there for the first time the winter of 2012 and spent about 5 weeks in the desert. And will be there again this year. Probably be there off and on for about 3 weeks this time.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #9

Since we will be headed to Florida around that time, we plan on stopping and checking things out. Never been there but have heard interesting things about the place and event. Do most people just pick a spot in the desert and boondock or do most go in groups?
algolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Was there last year, as first timers. A very enjoyable time. Have another group event elsewhere this year, else would consider to attend again.
Vince, we will be in Scottsdale for January so we are planning to shoot over to Q for at least 3 days, maybe more). We'll be bringing the Jeep. Do you know if there is any interesting 4 wheeling in the area?
Old 11-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wanted too go the last 3 years and this year was going too do it even made reservations but now divorce is in the works so I will unfortunately miss again .
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Wanted too go the last 3 years and this year was going too do it even made reservations but now divorce is in the works so I will unfortunately miss again .
Where were your reservations for? I'm still thinking about making some, but also thinking about just staying outside of town, boon docking.

Tank

Old 11-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Planning on making our first winter trip to the Southwest. Gonna stay with a friend in Casa Grande in December and then check out Quartzite. Wife wants full hookups. We shall see....
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Still looking into campsites. California family always stays out in the desert, on BLM land, and I'm all for that too. We are all off roaders of some sort, I have a sand car, they are Jeepers, and rock crawlers.

Planning on arriving the Fri. before the show opens, at least that's the plan. If anybody has info on BLM land, where and how to pay, where to camp, what areas have hook ups, chime in please. I'll let the family know and we'll see what we're going to do.

Thanks, Tank

Tags
quartzsite