Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

RV caravan down west coast of mexico 2014

I am involved with trying to organize a caravan down the west coast of Mexico next spring (64 days). If it interests you, PM me for details.
Paul Beddows is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #2

Hi , can I get some more info on this , Thanks
YachtDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #3

I sent you a PM. BTW, it runs Jan 6 or 7, to March 11. Good way to get over the fear factor and learn how to handle the daunting vehicle paperwork. If anyone is looking for shorter trip I can recommend one or 2 companies. I am trying to get more people to try RV'ing or snowbirding in Mexico. Some of the parks down there that have become personal friends are suffering due to the bad publicity and I don't want them to close. Its safer than you think it is, but I understand why people are apprehensive. There are steps you can take to avoid problems. To be quite honest I feel safer down there than I do traveling through cities like LA, but the first year I was sure I was committing suicide. So did my parents.

But, for those used to sitting in the Arizona desert, take a look at what you are missing:

Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #4

You mean there aren't already enough Canadians in Mexico every winter ? LOL Just joking- We winter in San Carlos and there are more from BC there than there are Mexicans

That 2nd picture looks great. Where was that taken ?

Buen viaje !
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Do you stay in Totonaka? If so I have probably seen you. I am in a Snowriver Truck camper towing a cargo trailer. The first picture is Color Marino RV Park (formerly Villas Onac) about 100 km south of Mazatlan. The second one is Laguna Del Tule in Melaque (about 30 min north of Manzanillo). Melaque is home to one of the best (& craziest) St Paddy's day celebrations in the world. See
Link to 3 videos I took this year. The page is up to accompany 2 RV magazine articles in RV Snowbirds magazine, I have on Melaque this spring.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
I read recently that Color Marino (first pic?) is only about $18.00 a day with hookups. Sounds like a real bargain!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #7

Last year it was 175 pesos a night. It has now changed hands and is 190 pesos a night. Still a good deal for full hookups beachside. Its disadvantage is it is remote. They are planning a restaurant & small store. It has one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beddows View Post
Do you stay in Totonaka? If so I have probably seen you.

Yes, we've been at Totonaka for around 9 or 10 years. We really like the park and people. Joseph always goes out of his way to make his guests comfortable and the place gets better every year. He's like an awesome concierge service. We missed one year when we sold our 5th wheel and got a motor home. We were back again last winter but may be going further south this year.

Being that it's only a 5 hour drive across the border on well travelled good roads it's a perfect spot for people who want to get a feel for what Mexico is about.

We like Arizona as well though.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #9

Jose is great, he drove my wife around fro a couple of hours trying to get her a tetanus shot after she got bit by a dog.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #10

Can't say enough good about the man. If anyone has a problem he's always right there to offer help. This year he assisted a couple of people in settling insurance claims for car accidents. It's always great to have someone with status and local knowledge on your side.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #11

Couple of open slots still for this trip. It now leaves a day earlier. Already 15 signed up (no deposits yet so some may back out) for the 2015 trips.

New portal is at Mexico Beaches and Copper Canyon RV Caravans
Old 10-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #12

Can I take an Volvo 780 HDT over to mexico??? might be ready in 2015!!!!
JC and Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #13

Probably not, it woudl be considered a commercial vehicle and you would be unable to get a permit for it. You really do not want to take Tanganyika much bigger than class A down there, you wouel have a lot of trouble finding RV parks that could handle it.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #14

We're sitting in site # 1 at Color Marino right now. Great place right on the beach with a 20 amp hookup, sewer and water (pressure is pretty low). It is remote and quiet but that's one reason we're here. The park is virtually empty. There is one other RV here and they are seasonal visitors

The place has changed hands and the buildings are now all white.

The libre road from Mazatlan to Esquinapa was one of the more scenic drives of our trip. Once you get through the narrow streets and bicycles the road to Teacapan is newly repaved and smoother than many roads in the States. The drive from the main road (around 2 km) is dirt along a fence line but no problem if you just take it slow.

You have to want to come here but it is surely worth the effort.

BTW, they have the best wifi we've seen in any RV park north or south of the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beddows View Post
I sent you a PM. BTW, it runs Jan 6 or 7, to March 11. Good way to get over the fear factor and learn how to handle the daunting vehicle paperwork. If anyone is looking for shorter trip I can recommend one or 2 companies. I am trying to get more people to try RV'ing or snowbirding in Mexico. Some of the parks down there that have become personal friends are suffering due to the bad publicity and I don't want them to close. Its safer than you think it is, but I understand why people are apprehensive. There are steps you can take to avoid problems. To be quite honest I feel safer down there than I do traveling through cities like LA, but the first year I was sure I was committing suicide. So did my parents.

But, for those used to sitting in the Arizona desert, take a look at what you are missing: