Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,All anybody going to RV show in Greenboro NC this weeking.Iheard it will be a lot smaller then in past.Going anyway (bored)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
Won't be going t Greensboro but we did attend the Atlanta one in September. We went during a weekday and virtually had the whole place to ourselves.

In past years, on the same day, we would have to wait in line to get in the door. This year there were very, very few attendees and a number of the regular exhibitors were either not there or had gone out of business. I would expect you to have a similar experience at the Greensboro show.

jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #3

How about the one in Denver this weekend?? I've never attended this one and would like to go if it's really a show and not just a dealer frenzy.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will go to the Greensboro show and see what is out, also plan to attend the Charlotte show and see if it is any bigger. Most shows will be smaller because of the loss of dealers.

Richard
Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Since it's in Greensboro, I would think that Terry Labonte RV would be there. If so and you run into Mitch Collins, tell him I said hello. He was the salesman I bought my Neptune from last year.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,all yea Terry L. RV was there last year.If I see Mitch I will pass it on.I like the Greensboro show better ,it has more dealers,and a lot more vendors than Char. last year and very much better parking.May see you there .
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Would love to go but I live in NH. Bought my Neptune after meeting Mitch at a Rally he was attending in Myrtle Beach last year.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Just got back,show was a lot better then I though it would be. Lots of class A's but 2008 not 2009,lots of venders.O YEA Bob ,did run into Mitch,The luckey RASCAL had just got back from 3 wks christmas and new year at Disney Fort Wilderness for 3 wks. See you later,till then , may your drinks be cold,and your fires be warm
Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I usually attend Greensboro but surgery has me on restricted duty. All ills should be resolved prior to the Raleigh show on February 27th. The Raleigh show was dead last year and the people who were there walked around with their hands in their pockets.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Mitch sold us our unit too.

We couln't make the Greensboro show either. See ya at the Raleigh show in Feb.
Explorer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Just got home from the Raleigh RV show and you can see the impact of the economic downturn on motorhome sales. Tom Johnson had a nice spread but the others were lacking. Not a single Bounder on the site with two Fleetwood dealers in attendance. I saw everything I wanted to see in less than an hour.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We went to the show Saturday. OMG you had to walk sideways to move, it was so packed. There were sold signs on alot of the RV's.

We could not get to alot of the units outside because of the pouring rain. I did see Bounders outside, don't know who had them there. Tom Johnson did bring a lot of nice units.

Wish it had not been raining so bad. Found an great grill that should fit into our very limited storage area,lol.

Over all we enjoy our time there.
Explorer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Glad to hear the crowd finally showed up with some money in the pockets. The rain must brought them out. I would ride back up today but have no desire to pay another $8.00 to see the sucesses of Saturday.

The local Fleetwood dealer (Hawleys) normally brings the Class A gassers and entry level BDs, while Tom Johnson brings in the high end DPs. I did not see any Fleetwood Class A gassers and only a few entry level DPs when I was there. Maybe they brought them in after I left around 4:00pm Friday.

I inquired about a 09 Diesel Bounder and was informed there was one at their Hope Mills location but neither of the two salesmen were able to tell me what model it was or willing to find out, so I left them alone. They did not seem to interested in talking with a Harley riding farmboy. I guess my bluejeans and flannel shirt did not meet the dress code for asking questions about their products. I tend to remember things like that when I search for our next purchase.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hawleys""" Thats who was missing at the greensboro show,they had a lot last year but did not see them this year.Could not make this show as I am getting ready to Kamp till I drop.I know what you are talking about dress code,I was at Tom Johnson in Concord to look at a unit after work( I am in const.)and was told by a very well dressed sales person,that the old units were up on hill.Gess where we bought last year.I sure hope it picks up soon becaust a lot of good RV dealers are hurting.