Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #15

They have us setting in a mall parking lot because of weather conditions I guess. No explanation as to what is going on or what we could expect. No shuttle to the rally grounds to participate in anything. Seriously, did we drive all the way to NY to go to a mall???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #16

What the heck is the changing forum box. This guy needs an earful!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Listening to the walkie talkies people use coming in I got some of the following:
I heard there are a bunch of people looking for a refund.
People upset because they paid for electric and they didn't have it available.
Couple of people getting stuck in the mud as they parked them today.
Complaints of only one guy in a golf cart parking as the other parking crew sat way away and talked.
Distance from fairgrounds and having to take the buses in.

They were sending campers to stage at the mall..
So I guess they left you there?
I hope not that is a long haul on a bus here.

Bad enough even where I am to deal with the buses. Guy told me when they were parking they had handicap golf carts to get us and bring us over... another lie

I am on a gravel lot, ok in the rain and fortunate in that respect, but it is really noisy at night with the road right next door. I don't know which is worse, no sleep or mud lol
I am still very upset at them not moving me over two lanes, but more upset over how they treated me in the process. At least we got about 4 hours sleep last night. Still spacey and tired from lack of sleep.
I don't mind grass and water and rain so much, unless it involves sinking in mud... then it becomes a problem. I've done enough dog shows where they parked us on wet fields sometimes soggy/slippery/muddy so I am sort of used to that.
I think everything should dry out here by Monday.

Another thing I don't like is I haven't seen one security guard in this lot at night. I keep everything locked as it is not gated or fenced. So much for the "24" hour security

@NLOVNIT ... You mean the FMCA in Indy? That was alot of rain. I was in the infield one coach over from the drain LOL ... It was deep there that day, we all carried our dogs to the dry grass . I had my hip waders on, partly as a joke and partly because they were needed
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes, ctcamper, Indy. We were on the asphalt part of the grandstand but I sure felt for those in the grass infield. What a soggy mess for a while.

Sounds like GS really blew the customer service on your rally. They'll lose quite a few return attendees treating folks like that. I'm sure their inbox is full of a LOT of angry members' comments. I hope they offer some kind of compensation - maybe in the form of a partial refund or credit towards the next rally, but I doubt they will.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Been to a couple Good Sam rallies and several more FMCA. Last GS one was at Phoenix, supposed to have handicapped parking. We were directed into a line and sat there for an hour while the parking crew changed or went to lunch or something. When we got into another line and were about to get backed in I asked if this was the HC parking. No, so they had me move to another section. Got parked (way too close together for rigs with slideouts) I asked about HC transport. They then said we were in the wrong section and it was too late to move us! Had to take the trams and they were a ways away. We were right across from one of the generators but they were pretty quiet and our rig is well insulated so it didn't bother us.
Not sure if we'll ever go to another GS rally and we're Charter Lifetime members.
But, not every FMCA rally is without problems either, but at least they're usually cheaper and you get a meal or two. At one FMCA rally we were talking after breakfast in one of the buildings while the Frustrated Maestros played, way too loudly to talk easily. One of the leaders got on the PA system and asked everyone to quiet down so the musicians could hear themselves. Most of the people got up and left due to the music getting even louder.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #20

They are keeping us here at the mall the mall security has been real good people to deal with. There are security patrols and police drive through.
They have set up the buses, are supposed to be here are coming at 830 or so I think.
No power so we had to buy generators earlier than we planned this year. Good Sam doesn't deserve praise for this but the Destiny mall definitely does.
They were going to come down here yesterday and rearrange our parking, when they got here they took a look at how we had parked in there was no way. Were not parked bad we're just all packed in.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lets hope, when things dry out today, they can get you guys at the Mall moved closer.

We have a gate right across the street from us, that has a sheltered overhang ( large ticket booth). They could have opened it enough for pedestrians to get through , stay dry and get the tram. People here were getting soaked waiting for the shuttle buses.
If I didn't know better , I would think this was the first time they put on an event.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I feel really bad for Wayne Newton. His voice is gone. People were up and leaving constantly. It's too bad.
Reba should be much better. Weather here is nice now and things are drying out.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #23

Drying out or not it appears GS Club/Camping World organizers were not ready for rainy weather and had no contingency plans in place. The food concessions closed early on Thursday and in fact I thing some never opened as advertised in the program. We are parked on the Amtrak road. If you thing traffic is noisy try living next to the railroad tracks. Trains all day and night. Thank goodness we are on the blacktop. The seminars have been good but I will admit Wayne needs to retire. I'm sure Reba will be great. The rally has been fun but camaraderie with other GS members is hard when you are not near very many other rigs. I hope this experience in Syracuse can be improved. The WIT Rally is much much better.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #24

It was very sad. His voice is completely shot. Time to hang it up.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think the guy in the train first thing in the morning gets pleasure in blowing his horn just to wake everyone up
Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like a wekend of torture. Is it really worth it?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will leave tomorrow a day early, and go home and get some sleep. I have a chapter rally I may go to next Thurs up in NH. I may need that to unwind....friends and food and card games...maybe buy a temp fishing pass and just go relax streamside.
I did get a halfway decent sleep the night before last but that was from sheer exhaustion. I have been running both AC fans and my endless breeze at full speed to try and cover the noise.
They left all the bright lights on last night. Thank goodness for day/night shades and my thermal curtains I made for the front window Years of dog shows have trained me to be prepared for bright lights at night lol

On the bright side, I found a couple great Irish Pubs.. Kitty Hoynes and Colemans for dinner. Plus, a german restaurant Danzers, that serves a very good ruben.

A lady complained during the meet and greet about one of the handicap cart drivers questioning her right to get a ride. She said even if I don't look handicap, that she had multiple back surgeries and couldn't walk far. This place gets stranger by the day.

This is the first rally I have ever been too, that I will be glad to go home. I am usually wishing it would last several more days.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you notice the traffic light at Coleman’s intersection, the green is on top, the area is known as “Tip Hill (Temporary). The Dinosaur Barbeque, 5/6 blocks north of Kittie’s is another well known place to eat in the city. Glad you were able to enjoy a few minutes at least.

ParTheCourse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally