Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Syracuse rally. First and possibly my last GoodSam rally

Preregistered and they parked me roadside across from the fairgrounds next to a public road. No sleep so far due to excessive traffic noise. There is less noise in a Flying J than here. I have an elderly person with me and it is harder for her than me. I paid the extra to come in early so I wouldn't have to end up in a situation like this. I was told tough luck so far by one person. At this point in time I am debating if I should leave. I may have to. After they refused to accommodate me earlier I went over and talked with the lady in registration and I hope she can get me moved. She said she would talk with the man in charge and see if she can get me moved. I am very disappointed and upset at this time. I understand they do have some rain issues and some areas of soft ground but this is no fun at all. I have never been treated this way in my FMCA rallies. I figured I would give good sam a try but if this is how things are run I will never return to another GS rally.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #2

Sure take some of the air out of my sail. We are arriving tomorrow.........
Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #3

Should have asked:
Did they take care of you?
Are they parking on the asphalt or grass?

Thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Went to my first and only one many years ago. Parkers were about to get into a fight, told me in no uncertain terms to get my car unhooked and as I was parking in my spot the first words out of my new neighbor were you aren't going to run that generator all night are you and that was only in the first hour. It went down hill from there. Can't believe how important it was to get a "free" ice cream bar.

Don G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That's just unacceptable & leaves you with a bad experience. I hope they can move you. FWIW, the GS rally we attended in Louisville KY 2010 was great. No parking issues - of course we were on stadium's asphalt parking lot & had to take shuttles to get to the venues, but the shuttles ran every few minutes.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The man this morning told me his supervisor said they can't just go moving coaches around, and then he said it's my tough luck. This was before any more coaches arrived. I had asked about the traffic noise last night, when they were parking me and they told me it quiets down at 10 pm. It did not. Loud at 3am loud at 5 am loud at 11 pm. After talking with him I went to registration and the woman told me she would have the man in charge call me back. They never even gave me the courtesy of a call back.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I called customer service located in Denver, they said they will email a coordinator at the rally here. They could have fixed this this morning when I asked to be moved two rows over --- before anyone came in.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you are registered at RV.net, you can post a question on the forums that goes right to Marcus L, President of Good Sam. He is pretty responsive... Look in the changing forums box
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
I pulled in today...as I was getting set up, I noticed it was not my generator I heard running but one of good SAMs! They are using them to provide power in many areas of the park...I immediately asked to be moved...no way DW would sleep with that noise! The parker guy was not happy...moved me two rows back...guess I was lucky,I offered to move closer to the road!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #10

They sent us to the mall as the water is rising on the generators.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #11

OK from the sounds of it everyone got sent to the mall.... the people at the mall went.. what is happening?
I need a 12v DC TV..... we made the news....

.....sigh.....
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How much rain ya got?

Didn't have to move, but at last year's FMCA, they had to shut off the power for several hours because the parking lot we were in got flooded from a rainstorm. They had the coaches plugged into distribution boxes set on top of wood blocks & the water was about to reach the sockets.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #13

Not raining that bad. I guess like all fair grounds around this area, they are in a low area.
We got to have 6 areas that hold roughly 800 cars or better full of campers. Scuttlebutt has it that they are going to throw us out of here.... I wonder if it will be the police from the gates to the fair grounds.

Counted spots in our area.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #14

Ctcamper how are you making out? I heard they were towing people out.

Tags
rally