Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tampa RV Show 2017 - IRV2 forum folks attending or camping?

This will be our first time at the Tampa RV show.

Figured that there might be a lot of IRV2 readers attending, and didn't see a thread on this yet. Voila!!

Main show info:
2017 Florida RV SuperShow - Florida RV Trade AssociationFlorida RV Trade Association

Looks like there is plenty of camping for all (from that page):
"Camping
Super Rally: $200.00
Camp on-site for the entire duration of show. Rate is good for one rig and two people. (additional participants welcome at extra charge)
To register by mail with check, print this PDF form 2017-rally-registration-form.
To register online with credit card, click here.
Registration includes:
– 4 Nights/5 Days
– 30 amp Electrical Service
– 4 Mornings of Coffee & Donuts
– 3 Nights of Entertainment (w/ Refreshments & Dessert)
– Wristband with Unlimited access to the SuperShow
Dry Camping: $20.00 per night. Available through the Fairgrounds. No reservations needed.
If you are looking to stay for 1 or 2 nights with no hook-ups in the parking lot of the Florida State Fairgrounds. You can purchase at entrance gate upon arrival. (Separate from parking fee).
Nearby Campgrounds: List coming soon"

HTH!
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #2

Last year we camped on site for the week. Loved it! This year, the supershow is the same week as a rally we are attending in Seffner. So, we'll be in the area, but won't be staying at the fairgrounds. We will be attending, though. Just driving over in the toad.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #3

Yep, we own a lot in Zephyrhills and will drive over for the show.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure if we go to the show yet. We have a site in Davenport at Deer Creek. If we go we will drive over in the toad.
Tnroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Jayco Owners Club
I go every year since I am four hours away. I am still looking for my perfect motorhome and have not found it yet. I am getting close. I just like to see the newest floor plans instead of online in a picture. Also get a ton of exercise. I have not heard if there is a meeting spot for IRV2 members.
w2drfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #6

Show jobs

Manpower in Tampa (Pam) is seeking folks to work the show. Cal 813 249 0349. Ask for Gigi or Pam, tell them Chris O sent you.

Hope to see you there!
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #7

When driving from north where would you enter parking to dry camp, I looked at g-maps I am thinking off 301 which is what I would take from north central Fl ?
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Does anybody have anymore information on dry camping. Which gate do you enter? Are the sites decent? Is is just a parking lot with cars around or is there a dedicated RV parking area? We've done the SuperShow with groups and stayed for the duration but we've never done the dry camping thing. Looking for some info!
Thanks!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Last time I dry camped there was a number of years ago. You enter the main gate and off to the right was a grassed area for RV dry camping. They came around each night and collected $10 as I recall,

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #10

When dry camping at the Tampa show is it acceptable to run your generator the whole time?
The reason I am asking is we have two dogs and they cannot be in the heat for that long, we will need to have the AC on.
meddiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, forum