Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Hey.

Mentioned the 'proximity' thing to the wife. She's open to rearranging her schedule to attend the rally. We'll have to check calendars and other obligations when we get home tonight.

Are most of you goint 'dry or wet' (with electric)?
Jay;

I am going in with a full tank of water, empty holding tanks, and I am happy to pay the price of electricity. I am spending my kids inheritance now.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
is anyone going on early or just arriving on the 22nd
Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #17
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
We're planning to do the two Early Bird days.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Same as Don on the water. We'll be there on the 21st - coming in from Indiana where we will have been at other CG's the wknd & early wk before.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Since last night we've decided to go.

I'm wondering what trying to get onto the grounds will be like on Wednesday or Thursday? Aren't there a few thousand rigs all trying to get there at about the same time? I'm thinking about getting there Tuesday evening, or very early Wednesday -- (And going without a shower for a few days ) I'm wondering if spending $200 on electric would be frustrating, not to mention a waste of money if just when you need it most it fails (previous post on past problems). I know I wouldn't be at all happy. If, on the other hand, I knew we could rely on 30amp/120 volts...

Can anyone speak to how organized they are about getting you on the property and to your site with thousands arriving all at once?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Wonderful, we're getting a nice little iRV2 contingent coming! Maybe we could call ourselves the Mini iRV2 National Rally!

If it's hot/humid (which could easily be likely in end-July in KY) w/voltage issues, I guess I'll just have to go back to doing what we did when I was a kid....putting a pan full of ice cubes on the floor at the bottom of the bed with the box fan blowing over it & sleep on top of the sheets.

Lori-
Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #21
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can't answer for the setup at the Rally but we attended The FMCA at Perry,GA and there were about 80 -100 coaches hooked up to generators in our area. We had no voltage problems and I did not hear about any. I am not concerned about a voltage problem. If the folks in charge of set up know what to prepare for I believe everything is matched up, hence the reason for advanced reservations for electricity.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #22

Question Rally 2003

We attended the same Rally in Louisville in 2003. I think it was in late June and they had just had a major rain. So alot of the prepared sites that were on grassy areas were flooded and inacessible. So they were forced to put rigs all over town in parking lots. It was our first big rally, but we still enjoyed it. They placed all the rigs back to back with the large gennys running power cord hook-ups behind all the rv's. It was very warm as I remember and we ran the A/C alot. However we discovered a side benefit as we would place buckets under the downspouts off the roof to catch water for flushing the stools plus it kept excess water from pooling across the parking area and saved the freshwater for other uses. There was never a time when activities were not going on even for the kids. If anyone has any other questions I'll try to remember what I can.
DMYancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
OK, it's official. Went on line, made an official reservation. Arriving Tuesday, leaving the toad at home this trip.

Hope it turns out to be as much fun as it looks to be. Hope I don't end up helping the economy too much.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Dave, how close were RV's parked next to each other? Are they packed pretty close together or is there room for a group of us (looks like we've got at least 14 iRV2 members coming) to hang out at someone's rig?

Lori-
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #25

They were far enough to get your slides , awnings out and maybe a couple feet to spare.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #26

Also if you have a tote tank, it is adviseable to take it because they do have a on-site dump station and we took a 5 gallon portable freshwater jug to get water when needed.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks, Dave. I saw they were going to provide honey-wagon service, for $25. May use it. They also said fresh water would be available at the horse barns, but we have to bring containers to fill. Guess I need to dig out my 5 gallon water totes I used to carry when we had our 5-r.

Lori-
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #28

When we arrived early afternoon, the rigs were backed up on the shoulder of the freeway. It took us approx an hour to get to the check-in area which was about a mile away. Once we got to the check in it went pretty quickly. Not sure if arriving in the morning would have been easier or not. We had made plans to see some of the stuff around Louisville while we there, but stayed so busy on site we only took a half of one day off site and we had 2 days early-bird. Overall it was a great experience and I would go again but we have a Heartland Owners Rally the weekend before in Nashville and we can only get one week off during that time period from work.

Tags
heartland