Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #29
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was wondering about the arrival, with thousands of others trying to get in at about the same time. We'll be arriving that Tuesday evening.

How about departure? I'm a bit confused. Some information suggests you have to get off the grounds Sunday, something else I just got suggests Monday morning? Can you clarify? Also, what's the mass exodus like? Should we plan on a couple hours trying to get out?

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Check out is Monday. It's noted on your Rally registration confirmation you received via email & USPS. I probably confused you because I titled this thread with ending date of 7/25. Since everyone would be heading out on 7/26, I didn't include that date in this thread title.

Leaving will be hectic, just like with any mass exodus from any venue. I figure it can't be any worse than 105,000+ people leaving at once from an Ohio State football game on a Saturday. Most times, traffic control will have multiple oneway exit routes available & they will direct traffic to make it as painless as possible. Just be patient & eventually you'll get to the freeway & on your way.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #31

The last of July in Louisville will probably be HOT and HUMID. The 2003 rally we had about 6 inches of rain the 3 days before the rally and it was a disaster trying to park the rigs. Some folks were in line for 8 hours. They had to park folks all over the county any where that they could find paved parking. If mother nature cooperates and it is dry there will be plenty of on site parking.

85Eagle
Louisville, Kentucky
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #32
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Usually, at least here in OH, by the end of July, we're seeing little rain & the grass is starting to brown, so we can hope it'll be like that in KY for the Rally. Dave posted earlier the wet conditions of the 03 June Rally. June can still have soaking rains in this area, so maybe that's why they moved it to July for this year.

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #33
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Rally-Louisville, KY July 22-25

Hi everyone,

DW and I attended both the 2005 & 2007 Rally in Redmond, OR and I'm trying to recall bits and pieces of that experience to pass it on to you that would be attending the Rally in Louisville.

When you received your registration/comfirmation packet, there will be numbers/letters assigned to you (for the rig) that would indicate what time of the day (AM/PM) that you can drive in to the entrance; putting your assigned number/letters on the passenger side dashboard, volunteers will be able to read them and guide you to your assigned spot. It is really organized unless the weather (somebody mentioned rain!) would really put a damper to it . IIRC, if you would like to stay together as a group, you can submit the request to the organizing committee.

Although both times we elected to stay at the Oregon State Parks, and just drove in our toad, a few of our friends that stayed inside at the Rally site told us they didn't experience any problems at all. Although some of the attendees were bussed in from their assigned spots, some were placed closed enough to walk - convenient for eating meals at the rig or just resting those legs (believe me, with all those exhibits, shows, lectures and presentations in different parts of the site, you'll be walking a lot!!.

Anyway, most of the questions related to the Rally (almost everything that you can think of) will be answered either on their website or on the packets that each attendee would receive. We'd love to attend but as you can see, it's quite a drive from where we are. Hopefully, as somebody was saying, if it's coming back to Oregon, we'll be there and we might see some of you there, too!

Have fun and enjoy!
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for the info Rom. This is Dave's & my first one & we're excited about going. Every so often, they keep updating the site with things that will be going on. It sure sounds like there will be plenty to keep us busy while we're there.

Yeah, according to the website, 2011, 13 & 15 are all in Redmond, OR so you'll have your choice of years to attend.

Lori-
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #35

That website has left such a bad impression on me that I will never attend any of their functions again. This is the 2nd rally to be held in Louisville and I'll not be there this time either, even though I live 2 hrs from there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
That website has left such a bad impression on me that I will never attend any of their functions again.
Can you elaborate on that, Ray? You're such a nice man & I enjoyed meeting you & your wife at the 09 iRV2 Rally, I'd respect & be interested in your opinion on what turned you off to them.

Lori-
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Yeah, according to the website, 2011, 13, 15 are all in Redmond, OR so you'll have your choice of years to attend.
Thanks Lori for that information. We should be able to attend maybe two of those three scheduled in Redmond. It is fun and informative as well with all those lectures & presentations about RV'ing. Again, to all of you IRV2 members attending, enjoy and have a good time. Hope the weather will be beautiful!
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #38
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
If you are going to "The Rally!" Please list yourself in the calendar as attending the event. If you accept we can see who is going to be attending this event and get a better head count !!!

"The Rally" Affinity Group / Good Sam

I am hoping that we can use these next few months to make plans to meet and go in as a group. I will be working this event but I expect that there will be plenty of time to get together.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #39

The Rally

We plan to attend and will be in the "handicampers" area. Hope to see folks from this forum there.
David and Jan
Old 04-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0189 View Post
We plan to attend and will be in the "handicampers" area. Hope to see folks from this forum there.
David and Jan
YAY, the more the merrier.

Mike, I saw your RSVP change. I hope things work out & you'll be able to make it.

Lori-
Old 04-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i received an update today from the Rally. now if you refer someone to register for the Rally, you get $25 off your fees....up till your total fees are covered. i wonder how many they have registered so far?
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #42
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
i received an update today from the Rally. now if you refer someone to register for the Rally, you get $25 off your fees...
I wonder if the economy has attendance down & they're looking to folks already signed up to bring in their friends?

Lori-

Tags
heartland