Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #99

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just got back to Texas from 4 weeks in Kentucky and Ohio and I thought I would never experience this...its cooler here in Texas than it was there. Go figure

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #100
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Don, Have a safe trip and a good ride!

Be on the lookout for those "Brazel Boys" and give them a BIG howdy from the guys back in the office!

Mike
Mike;

I did as you asked and it cost me close to $1,000.00. Jon talked me into installing a Grade Brake upgrade. Jon is a great sales person. He is a Chip OFF The Old Block for sure. Oh, and it cost me 2 blocks of Weyauwega Star Dairy Cheese also.

Don

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #101
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
I did as you asked and it cost me close to $1,000.00. Jon talked me into installing a Grade Brake upgrade. Jon is a great sales person. He is a Chip OFF The Old Block for sure. Oh, and it cost me 2 blocks of Weyauwega Star Dairy Cheese also.
Don, That's great News and I can't wait to hear your complete product review and report on the performance of the UAGB!

Going home from KY there will be plenty of opportunity to use it and coming back here across the Appalachians this October you'll find it to be a blessing.

The thing that you just want to do right now is turn it on and leave it on and forget about it! If you have any questions, you've got my number!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #102

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oops...just saw a post on another forum from a rally attendee and the stated heat index today was 114 degrees. They rescinded the generator rule apparently as people were pulling out looking for some relief.

I'm thankful for those in attendance that the good stuff is inside where its cooool.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #103

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well it's nnoon Sunday, and we are getting ready to leave. I wish I had taken the extra vacation day, because my wife auditioned for the talent show and made it in. She backed out because she didn't want to have to make the entire trip back to VA Beach on Monday, and miss the stopover to see family today.

It was our first Rally, and it was fantastic! We enjoyed every minute of it! Looking forward too next year already!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #104

Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All:

Well it was a HOT Rally to say the least. I did have my new IRV2.COM sticker on, but alas did not meet anbody from our web site.

We did the Louieville Slugger Plant Tour, The Belle of Louieville Steam Boat Ride, The Glass Works and some other local attractions.

I spent way to much money at the show. I ended up buying the new folding 7ft ladder from CW.

But I also bought the SMI Airforce One Brake System, outstanding. I will do a full write up on it. I put it through it's paces big time on Rt 68 up & down the 2880 ft elevation through West VA and MD, very high grades and very mean turns for about 200 miles. Total of 700 miles pulling a 4,550 Lb towed vechicle... SMI made me a believer.

Jim P.

By the way these boys really support our web site. You get an IRV2.com card in your owners packet from SMI when you purchase their product.

Look in Product Evaluation for write up.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just got home, and it was HOT. but the AC was working great in the Expo center. Enjoyed the seminars, spent way too much money, now i have to install the central vacumn system in the RV. Next big trip is in mid august to the Carolina shore and Gettysburg.

Jim, you will love the Air Force One, I have it and it works great, plus the support in the best from SMI.
majfrizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #106

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just made it all the way home, all safe and sound. Again, we loved the rally, and would never have heard about it if not for this site, and this thread in particular. Sure it was hot, but we are RV folks after all, a tough breed. The convention center was top notch in every way.

Just went through the weeks mail. Still no stickers!?!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #107
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
We got home around 4PM also. Thanks to all the folks that bugged out early, leaving this morning was uneventful. We met up with about 8 other rv's at the Flying J in Jeffersonville (I-71 north of Cinci) as folks wound their way homeward - it looked like another mini-rally in the parking lot & pumps!

I'm glad to be back home in OH where it's a nice cool 71-degrees tonight. A welcome relief to have the windows open & no a/c going non-stop for a change!

As soon as I find the time to get photos downloaded off the camera (& sorted), I'll post a blog.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gun Shot damage

We are still on the road heading home from the rally. Yesterday, we stopped at MM174 rest area in KY. Met a nice couple from Salem VA. They pointed to a bullet hole in the side of their MH that they had not seen before. Concluded it happened somewhere between Louisville and 174. It was obviously fired by a passing motorist as it went thru the fiberglass siding and fortuniately hit the frame.

Thanks to all that recommended the KY Horse Farm tour, distillary tours, and a nice friendly little campground just north of Frankfort (Still Waters). Not many aminities, but quiet, beautiful setting with tobacco field & corn fields surrounding the 90 acre complex.

Dave

Tags
heartland