Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #85

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are literally leaving for the Rally (we are making a couple stops first) as soon as my wife gets out of the shower.

Still no stickers, obviously not meant to be. But we will still be looking for others from this site.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 AM   #86

Monaco Owners Club
Headed for the rally and I am coming up from the south. I ran Hwy 27 up into Chattanooga Tn. then Hwy 127 up out of the valley. Kinda a mistake. Ten (10) % ++ grade. Some really white knuckle switchbacks. I am forty feet plus tow ending out at about 60 feet. Faint of heart might want to run Hwy 27 all the way up then turn left to Loiusville.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #87

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi:

Got delayed a day, leaving on the 20th... will arrive the 21st. We will be in Lot 1, dry camping.

Put my IRV2 sticker rear left side of coach, towing a Dark green 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Jim & Mem P..
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #88
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
For all of the iRV2 attendess at "The Rally" .... have a great time and I would hope that someone will start a Blogs using our Blog spaces.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #89
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
For all of the iRV2 attendess at "The Rally" .... have a great time and I would hope that someone will start a Blogs using our Blog spaces.
Thanks Mike;

We are certainly going to try and have the best time we can. Bev and I will be leaving this morning and hopefully arrive by noon tomorrow. We will be looking for some iRV2 stickers.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Thanks Mike;

We are certainly going to try and have the best time we can. Bev and I will be leaving this morning and hopefully arrive by noon tomorrow. We will be looking for some iRV2 stickers.
Don, Have a safe trip and a good ride!

Be on the lookout for those "Brazel Boys" and give them a BIG howdy from the guys back in the office!

Mike
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Boy...drove past the rally grounds (really asphalt) today. It was early but it was a sea of RV's. I did manage to see at least one Texas flag flying and squinted really hard for Dave and Lori...couldn't pick them out at 60 mph.

Y'all have a great time, you hear?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Hmmm, not really. We'll be in lot 3 electric coming in on the 21st. I've got the original grey iRV2 stickers, one on the driver big slide & the other on passenger side small window next to the entry door. We've got a grey Bounder (pics of it in various photos in my albums), the licenseplate is the same as my member name & a wood plaque in the shape of Ohio with The Stewarts on it will be in our front windshield lower window corner.

There's gonna be an awful lot of RV's & thousands of people there & aside from wandering around the lots lookin' for each other, I don't know the best way to locate fellow iRV2'rs.

Anyone else comin' have suggestions?

Lori-
What about using two blank peices of 8.5 x 11 paper and use a thick, black Sharpie and write iRV2 on it--- nice and big/bold? Put one in the windshield (between glass and curtain) and one on the back of the coach.

On the back, you could use four magnets on each corner and that would not hurt your rig. Of course if you are fiberglass you could use something else.

Simple, I know,- not as pretty as sticker- but it would work.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have not seen an answer to the suggestion of having the iRV2 folks meet somewhere. We are staying at a campground close to Frankfort and driving over each day. So, if ya'll decide to meet somewhere, pick a spot. We would like to meet you folks too. Don't forget to include the day, time, & location.

Dave
Old 07-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #94

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Brilliant idea...cell phone.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #95

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now I'm worried. I know the temperature has been in the 90's and the humidity matching but I'm surprised we haven't heard from any of the attendees.

Of course seeing the number of rv's as we passed the other day, they all may still be trying to find home again. It was early on first day of check in and I bet there were already 500 rigs there. 90 degrees, high humidity and parked on asphalt...wow!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #96
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I saw an online article on "RV Business" earlier this afternoon titled Opening Day at "The Rally", it said "The Rally" has attracted close to 2,500 RVs and more than 1,000 day passes to "The Rally" were sold yesterday. It also said it was supposed to be 99 degrees there today, the hottest day of the year.

There was a video slide show on the site and it looked like all were having a great time. I didn't spot any iRV2 members in the video, I suspect they're having such a great time that they don't have the time to post on these forums. Connectivity may be a problem for some of them too.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #97

Hot Hot Hot

Wow, it's hot. But inside it's very cool with lots of rigs and RV stuff to look at and even buy. I met Mac McCoy the fire guy today. He came outside and checked my coach for instalation options.

Tomorrow the DW and I go to Churchill Downs and then the Louisville Slugger factory on one of the optional tours.

Our first ever rally and having a ball.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #98
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well yesterday we showed 99 and today is supposed to be 2 degrees hotter. As Bill said the buildings are very comfortable. The tram rides are hot. The A/Cs are getting a workout for sure.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland