Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #1

This will be our first year camping at TMS and we have a couple of questions. We know the honey wagons come around and pump your tanks out, do their hoses reach the drain or do you need to do something to help them and how much do they charge? We should be good for a few days but will be there for six. How much is the fresh water and has anyone used it. We're thinking of taking 100 gals. extra.

Thanks for the info.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #2

This will be our first year camping at TMS and we have a couple of questions. We know the honey wagons come around and pump your tanks out, do their hoses reach the drain or do you need to do something to help them and how much do they charge? We should be good for a few days but will be there for six. How much is the fresh water and has anyone used it. We're thinking of taking 100 gals. extra.

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:45 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We will be going to TMS in April I believe and more than likely will be on the same site in the Workhorse VIP section. The Workhorse VIP section that has honey wagon service and it has 50A and water. The 1st PO is free.

I'm not sure what happens in the general camping areas but I'm sure they will have honey wagons. Look at the campground info on the TMS website.

Watch your GVW by the way. 100 gallons of water is 833 pounds. This is not usually a big problem if you have an RDP. If you don't know what an RDP is, you might have a problem.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #4

I stay in the Victory Circle Reserved camping area.

They come around. They stay busy. When you see one go by, make a reservation. They showed up about 4 hours later than they said they would be to my site.

Their hose will reach.

I carry a 60 gallon barrel. They filled it and the camper last year for $25. Dumping was another $25 if I remember correctly.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:15 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info, we'll be there about six days in April so we'll see how it goes, also going in Nov.

Bills
Old 02-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I do not know what camping section you will be in, but all the honey wagons have long suction hoses so you do not have to move you rig. One pumpout is included in the VIP section. If you are not in the VIP section you will have to buy water from one of the trucks that make regular rounds. Our problem was always ice.

We will be in space #40 and would love to visit with any of the members attending the race.
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newk72:
I do not know what camping section you will be in, but all the honey wagons have long suction hoses so you do not have to move you rig. One pumpout is included in the VIP section. If you are not in the VIP section you will have to buy water from one of the trucks that make regular rounds. Our problem was always ice.

We're in space 132 and 133. Paul and Philis Ledbetter. Look us up! Can't wait until the race!!!

We will be in space #40 and would love to visit with any of the members attending the race. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #8

I park in the Workhorse RV park outside of turn three. There are no hook-ups in the area. If my memory serves, a water fill is $20. I don't know about a dump. There are several nice showerhouses that you can use, especially early in the week, to save RV water. I think some folks who get there early in the week will take their RV's to the dump station on Wednesday to dump and fill prior to the congestion in the days that follow.

My wife and I are good at conserving water so we have never needed a dump or fill. I bring an extra 14 gal of water ond have never used it, but have donated to other campers.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Come on by for FREE coffee and donoughts on Saturday morning between 7 and 9am. I'll be in the Workhorse VIP section on site #309. Look for the Workhorse motorhome on site# 334.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #10

We have seen you there for the past two years. We're coming by this time! See you there. Philis and Marsha
Old 04-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSDPforRacin':
We have seen you there for the past two years. We're coming by this time! See you there. Philis and Marsha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's great! I'll keep the good doughnuts under the counter for ya!