Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:33 PM   #29
Mine would have to be the Night race at Bristol, Daytona 500 and Kansas (only because I now live 3 1/2 hours from a track).

The road courses should be nuked. Get rid on New Hampshire. Why don't NASCAR take these 4 races and give them to the tracks that want a second race and keep Martinsville and Darlington and Dover like they are

Bob Schrodt
SFC, US Army

2002 Bantam Traillite 23-SB
1999 Chevy Tahoe

Bob Schrodt

MSG (Ret), US Army
Armycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #30
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Armycamper:
Get rid on New Hampshire and give them to the tracks that want a second race and keep Martinsville and Darlington and Dover like they are

Couldn't agree more about New Hampshire, but it isn't going anywhere. They sell out every race and with a limited amout of tracks in that region NASCAR dosen't want to lose that fan base in that part of the country.

1990 22' Wilderness Yukon fifth wheel. 1995 F-350 XLT 5spd 4X4 powerstroke diesel
Go Ward Burton #22 CAT Racing
Visit My Site www.weekendgetaway.irv2.com

1990 22' Wilderness Yukon fifth wheel. 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 6spd 4X4 cummings diesel
Go Ward Burton find a ride Visit My Site www.weekendgetaway.irv2.com
FAT HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:40 AM   #31
We've been to Las Vegas twice for races, and once to Phoenix. We find superspeedway racing boring. Much more interesting on the tube. I can't imagine what it would be like to be at a really big track like Daytona where you can't even tell the color of the cars on the backstretch. We're die-hard short track fans. While in Phoenix for the Cup race this past November, the best racing we saw was the wingless sprints on the dirt track at Manzanita Speedway. Just my two cents.

Greg and Cheryl
Coles Website
Greg and Cheryl Coles

2000 Fleetwood Discovery
Colesmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:14 AM   #32
I've been fortunate to have attended races at 10 of the current tracks. Used to have permenant seats at Talledega, haven't been there since '88, first year of the "plates", and will not go back as long as they keep running them plates.
Charlotte (Lowe's) is super, Atlanta, fast speeds...but without a doubt, BRISTOL nite race is the most exciting. I haven't missed a nite race there in close to 20 years. I'm lucky, I have 12 permenant seats, 2 campsites within rock throwing distance from the track, so close that when they practice, we can hardly hear ourselves talk if we're outside the camper.
We stay the entire week!!!!

2000 33'10" Challenger 5th wheel, '99 F250 SD w/PowerStroke with all the goodies!!
2000 33'10" Challenger 5th wheel, '99 F250 SD w/PowerStroke with all the goodies!!
Michael E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:38 AM   #33
Charlotte, NC Lowe's Motor Speedway.
Campin at the Morehead Farms Family CG..
And watching the WINSTON, and the fall race.
never have stayed for the 600 TOOOOOLONG..butt would get tried.
I have been to the Rockingham spring(yeah right) and fall races for the last 3 years campin' went to the Rock several times for just the day.. I like campin' much better and i don't stay on the Racetrack property here...
Would like to go to BRISTOL just once and camp, i hear it is an experience like no other.. MAyBE one day.. MAybe i will go and just camp...
Happy Camping,

byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 04:29 AM   #34
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Julie in Ohio:
I'd be happy to go any of them because the only track I've been to is Michigan International Speedway. But, you CAN skip the road race courses. I hate those!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you on this! I have only been to one race, The Bud at the Glen, many years ago. We camped there all week, and that was fun, but as far as the race itself......well Couldn't really see anything. We had great seats across from the pit, but it was one of those 'still' days, and the fumes just hung in the air! Blech!
Someday would like to hit the Poconos and Dover

<font color=DarkBlue>2002 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab SLT SWB Patriot Blue>>My Truck</font color>
<font color=FireBrick>2002 Chevy3500 Crysteel Dump Box,Red>>Hubby's truck</font color>
<font color=Deeppink>1997 Aurora with a big trunk!</font color>
<font color=SlateBlue>1997 WalMart variety 10x12 Tent, lots of 'miles', needs to be retired!</font color>
<font color=Indigo>Pilgrim International '03 Open Road 298RLS TT</font color>
Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

2014 Pleasureway Pursuit
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #35
California Speedway in April for the California 500. 1700 RVs in the infield and the biggest party in So Cal on Saturday night!

Larry Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:08 PM   #36
Been to Bristol (spring), Phoenix and Texas. Really like Texas...great arrangement for camping..albeit, somewhat expensive as are the tickets..but, lets face it; most of the races are a vacation destination and not like oh, say baseball, with 80 home games a year. Lots of folks think nothing of $100 to $200 greens fees for golfing vacations so ticket prices are not horribly out of whack in that perspective. If you camp for a week and take in local attractions, the race is icing on the cake. Just my 2cw.
Buy Hi..Sell Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 10:43 AM   #37
It's $80 per person for admission, and if you want to dry camp for the weekend, it's $100! We decided it's more affordable to sit home and watch it on TV.

You only go around once in this life. I have season pass renewable infield camping at Kansas Speedway. Costs a whole lot more than that to get infield.

Going to Bristol and Texas Motor Speedway in March. Kansas Speedway in July and October.

You can see almost all of the races if your seats are up high. It's hard to see all of Talladega or Daytona just because they are so big.

Get a scanner to hear all the commentary. Keeps the noise level down too.

I've been to:

Talladega 4 times
Texas Motor Speedway 3 times
Kansas Speedway 3 times
Martinsville 1 time
St. Louis 1 time
Memphis 1 time

There's just nothing like being there.

Las Vegas, Daytona, and Pocono are on my list for the future.
Jumbo Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:13 AM   #38
I have been to: Charlotte, Darlington,Rockingham,Sears Point,Watkins Glen,Pocono, Dover,Atlanta,N.Wilksboro,Michigan,Daytona.Martins ville,Las Vegas,Bristol,Richmond & Phoenix. Most more than once.Favorite is a toss up between Charlotte & Richmond. Least favorite:Pocono.

2001 F350 4x4 V10 4.30 gears,2003 Dutchmen 34ft triple slide fifth.Line-x, Manix,Piaa,Banks Powerpack
2001 F350 4x4 V10 4.30 gears,2003 Dutchmen 34ft triple slide fifth.Line-x, Manix,Piaa,Banks Powerpack
CrewCabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:40 AM   #39
I see a lot of posts where people said they like the Atlanta race. DH and I are tossing around the idea of going, it looks like there's still tickets available. My question is, can you see the race from most seats? We'll never go back to Indy because you just can't see the race from most of the seats, you can only see the cars as they're going past you (unless you're watching the TV across the track but if I want to do that I'll stay in the camper and watch). Also, what's the camping like at Atlanta?
DEI Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:39 PM   #40
Monaco Owners Club
Atlanta, is my favorite, we Go every fall, and by the way went to the first race in the spring and they seem to have the traffic problem solved.

Walt & Will
2000 Dynasty
2013 F150 XLT Crew C 4X4
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 02:03 AM   #41
Scanning these posts, I didn't notice anyone mention Phonix. PIR is basically a flat, one-mile track, and I suspect this is why. While the speeds are slower, there's lots of it! Southwest series, Trucks, Busch, and WC. The camping is awesome, and free so far. You pick your piece of real estate in the desert next to the track and hang out for six days. Beautiful sunsets. Tremendous views down overlooking the lighted community off in the distance and over the track. Party is great too! This will be our 3rd year (from Sacramento CA), and it keeps gett'n better...
Ron & Patty F355316

Bluebird 85PT36
Ron & Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:26 AM   #42
I would like to go to bristol for a night race. But I guess I will just have to settle for Martinsville next month Life is Good

Fire Wood Attendant
1996 F-250 PSD Chipped Dipped and Ripped
2004 Keystone Cougar 301BHS
2020 Jordon Ultima, Pullrite

Fire Wood Attendant

1996 F-250 PSD Chipped Dipped and Ripped
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote