Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Events & Gatherings
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #43
Tiffin Owners Club
For those who travel with their pets, what are the rules for having your animals in your camping unit if you use the canmping areas at the track?

Tom Van de Bussche

"Use less than you need. Give more than you have."

Tom and Leah
2011 Phaeton 40 QBH
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4
tbussche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #44
At Kansas City they are absolutely prohibited in the campgrounds. Actually had my motorhome SEARCHED for pets before I could enter the campground. Just one more reason I find this track to be the worst I've been to!

rheavn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:35 AM   #45
I love NASCAR Racin! I bought a 2003 Four Winds 28A in Feb 03 specifically to go to races. Camping in the infield is a little expensive but, then again, it's expensive to camp outside the track. Talladega, Coleman Campground II ($250.00) and it does not have electric hook up. The constant noise from all the generators is a little nerve wrackin. Infield parking at Darlington is $410.00 and it includes 2 passes. Additional passes were $90.00 each. I enjoyed watching the races from the top of my motorhome and of course I hear all the radio chatter with a scanner. My only concern is all the drinking and partying. The motorhome spaces are very close. 15 feet wide and 40 feet long. The fans next to me were partying hard during the Southern 500 and later it got out of hand. First, they almost caught their motorhome on fire from their BBQ grill. They were throwing their empty beer cans and hitting the side of my motorhome. Then after the race, they let their kids run all over the place including my area. Some were trying to climb up my ladder. When I politely asked them to please keep stop it, the biggest and drunkest one got bent out of shape and wanted to fight. So, I decided it's not worth it so we decided to just leave. I did tell the infield security police and they did nothing. Although going to races has it drawbacks, I still enjoy the racing and atmosphere. I'll be going to Rockingham next month and begin planning my racing weekends for next year shortly thereafter.

#3 Forever

Sammy_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:03 PM   #46
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron F:
Party is great too! This will be our 3rd year (from Sacramento CA), and it keeps gett'n better...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Ron F how was the race? Looked pretty exciting on the TV, must have been great live. Is the camping still free?

1990 22' Wilderness Yukon fifth wheel. 1995 F-350 XLT 5spd 4X4 powerstroke diesel
Go Ward Burton #22 CAT Racing
Visit My Site www.weekendgetaway.irv2.com
1990 22' Wilderness Yukon fifth wheel. 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 6spd 4X4 cummings diesel
Go Ward Burton find a ride Visit My Site www.weekendgetaway.irv2.com
FAT HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:54 AM   #47
Hello Hoss,

The race at PIR was a really good race! In fact all four of them were good. Being a one-mile track, you can see everything, and there's good action with the widing of turn 2 this past year. They set new track records this year.

The weather in Phoenix is great in early fall, although we did have an unusual 2.5 hour rain delay during the Busch race.

The free motorhome parking in Estrella Park was still free, but I'm hearing they'll be charging anywhere from $5 to $40 next year. Still a bargain. You simply go into the desert and mark off as much real estate as you think you need and setup for a week. We stay about 1/2 mile from the entrance of the track, and use bicycles to get around (chain them to the fence during the race).

The MH park did fill-up (never full) faster this year than in the past, and I'd say there were more campers too. Probably around 4,000 or so. They have free showers, daily newspaper deivery (free), water trucks on the roads (keeping the dust down), MH service trucks delivering water, and a honey truck. Water is $40 and I think the pumper is $30 or so. Didn't need it so I'm not sure.

The desert is beautiful with tremendous sunsets and sunrises. There was a little smoke in the air from the fires in California this year. The parties are plentiful if you have the desire. Lots of great people as at most all races.

Regarding your other post about choosing tracks between Vegas, PIR, and Fontana - I vote PIR obviously. I havn't been to Fontana, and doubt I will. 2 mile track seems a bit too large for me, and there's no outside of the infield parking.

I found Vegas to be a beautiful facility without personality. Camp space is on pavement 20x40 feet. It was like camping at a used RV lot. I would go if I hadn't been though because you might like it. 1.5 mile track. Buy seats high in any turn has good views.

I like Infineon too (Sears Point). Although a road course, the changes made there two years ago are very good and there's some good seating in Turn 9, Section H or more ($90). The problem here is they raised the parking to $200 for the week. A little steep for again, a cramped cow pasture. I passed on this year's race due to the price of camping even though it's only 1.5 hour drive for me, and I wouldn't spend much on gas.

So I'm buying Phoenix again, and will opt for seats high in the Alison Grand Stand. It's a pull from Sacramento California every year, but I have alwas found it well worth it, and this year was the best yet, so maybe we'll see you next fall. They are installing lights next year and are hoping for an additional night race in 2005. With all the work being done on the access roads to the track I'd say they know they'll get it.

Regardless of what I or anyone else has to say about any track, I'd go to all of them at least once. I would only suggest you invest in a scanner and headset if you haven't yet. My wife bought me one this past year and it makes the race so much more enjoyable. Much better than renting at the track as we have in the past.

Ward might be your man, but he isn't the cat man anymore ya know?

Have fun!!!

Ron & Patty F355316

Bluebird 85PT36
Ron & Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #48
Need info from those of you that have RV'd at Las Vegas Motor Speedway please!!!

Have my Tix and RV spot for the Cup race next year and saw they have restrictions on generators.....Is this enforced at all? A week in the Desert with no Geset seems like quite a bit of a hassle. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
NascarCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #49
2nd post

I have been to TMS and I love the track. We don't camp at the track though. We camp in Denton. All our amenities and not to far to drive. Even on Cup day it only takes us about 45 minutes to get back to the campground.

Heading to Martinsville next year. Will let you know.

1999 Cardinal 32RLT
2001 Chevy HD Crew Cab
Hubby, Me, Baby and sometimes Idiot Mutt (Andy)
1999 Cardinal 32RLT

2006 Chevy HD Crew Cab
BrownSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:59 PM   #50
Now that this year is over for us race fans, boo!!!! we'd have to say MAIMI HOMESTEAD is GREAT! The new banking is fantastic and the race was fantastic!! The track is so nice and cozy (less than Texas 200,000+) and the entertainment is great in and around the track, not to mention the Florida Keys and South Beach! WOW...all to die for! We have been last year and this year and since it is the last race of the season for all three series...Maimi Homestead is tops in our book!

Paul and Philis
DSDP - Never Camped a day in our lives before 3-03! Lovin' the RV lifestyle.
No dogs, no cats, just us and our neighbor buds making the races! omigod we think we have died and gone to heave when we hit the road to the next race!

us snug as a bug in Ft. Lauderdale before the Maimi Homestead race in November....
Talladaga Oct '04 http://photos.yahoo.com/hookedoncrayola
DSDPforRacin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #51
Talledega is hard to beat for speed and excitement. The only downside is the drunk Alabama redneck fans.
Sycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #52
We will be at Dover in june and sept. Its about 1 hour away from us.It's a great time as I am sure all the tracks are.we may(probably) be at the pocono track also thats only 1 1/2 hrs or so . we would like to attend atlanta and taladega also, we'll seee. LOL

Rob M.

Rob, Chris M.
2004 pace arrow 37C
"we'll get it Monday"
Rob, Chris M.

2004 pace arrow 37C
Robo1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #53
Hmmm... let's see, I love racing!

As far as NASCAR goes, I'll take Bristol night racing as #1, then the March race in Atlanta.

Open wheeled - my first pick would be the old Riverside International Raceway, now defunct. Next would be Long Beach. As you see I prefer road tracks here vs. oval.

World of Outlaws - Perris Valley, Ca has a very nice facility.

...and don't forget the most action, you local track!
Super Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:28 AM   #54
I have been to Michigan, Bristol,Charlotte,Darlington,Indy, Richmond. I like the action at the small tracks(Bristol,Richmond) been told Martinsville is great. Would like to check out Dover. Don't waste time or money @ Indy.
Charlotte is a great track and going to the race shops is always fun. Just got back from the all-star race and the 600 and as always had a blast
imgrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:16 PM   #55
If you don't try Homestead Miami you are missing a very fan friendly track. And it's the last race of the year for all three NASCAR seies.Always great racing and good family fun with enough adult axctivites to boot.

RalphM is offline   Reply With Quote