Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
We have finalized our dream trip around the country. I have received tremendous advise from this and other forums and I thank you. I am going to try and document our trip as we go. (The link to the website is here).

We leave from Endicott, NY on June 22 and return home on August 7. Here is our itinerary.....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Drive 2100 miles to Mesa Verde, CO (4 days)
<LI>Mesa Verde (1 day)
<LI>Zion, Bryce, Norht Rim Grand Canyon (1 day each)
<LI>Phoenix (1 day - vist brother)
<LI>LA (3 days)(Can't get out of this one - daughter really wants to see LA)
<LI>SF (3 days)
<LI>Oregon Coast (2 days)
<LI>Mt St Helens (1 day)
<LI>Glacier NP (3 days)
<LI>Yellowstone (4 days)
<LI>Grand Tetons (2 days)
<LI>Custer State Park/Mt Rushmore/Wind Cave National Park (4 days)
<LI>Badlands (1 day)[/list]The other days are travel days.

We've been all over the east coast from Maine to Florida but have never had the camper west of Ohio!

camper1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
We have finalized our dream trip around the country. I have received tremendous advise from this and other forums and I thank you. I am going to try and document our trip as we go. (The link to the website is here).

We leave from Endicott, NY on June 22 and return home on August 7. Here is our itinerary.....

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Drive 2100 miles to Mesa Verde, CO (4 days)
<LI>Mesa Verde (1 day)
<LI>Zion, Bryce, Norht Rim Grand Canyon (1 day each)
<LI>Phoenix (1 day - vist brother)
<LI>LA (3 days)(Can't get out of this one - daughter really wants to see LA)
<LI>SF (3 days)
<LI>Oregon Coast (2 days)
<LI>Mt St Helens (1 day)
<LI>Glacier NP (3 days)
<LI>Yellowstone (4 days)
<LI>Grand Tetons (2 days)
<LI>Custer State Park/Mt Rushmore/Wind Cave National Park (4 days)
<LI>Badlands (1 day)[/list]The other days are travel days.

We've been all over the east coast from Maine to Florida but have never had the camper west of Ohio!

Old 05-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #3

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Rich & Kay and children. Keep us posted on how things are doing, if you needed other days, etc. Thanks in advance. I'm sure there are lots of us that want to do the same thing. Your advice will be appreciated.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #4

What a great trip.
We did a similar trek back in '03 with a pop-up. A little more time in the East/Midwest, and 10 days in California. Had a fantastic time. You'll love the Nat'l parks - we did Rocky Mtn, Teton, Tellowstone, Olympic, Mt. Rainier, and Yosemite then; did Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon in 2004 with our TT and RAM.

2000 Durango SLT 5.9L/3.92. Tow and HD Package
Sunliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #5

I'm Jealous I would love to take that trip, I have been out west to Moab Utah and also lived in Phoenix for 2 years. You are going to have a great time, can't wait to read your trip report

02 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab 8.1 / Allison
Disney Campers - Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:02 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

That sounds like a great trip. We've been to all of those places and it sounds like you have a great selection there. If you haven't been west of Ohio you are going to be in for a real treat. There's a whole new area of God's creation out there just waiting to knock your socks off. And each area is unique in it's own way. Your biggest problem will be leaving it to go home. There's just not enough time to see it all. That would take more like 3 months. I think after this trip you'll find you'll be heading back to certain areas every now and then. Enjoy the trip.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #7

I hope your trip is truly relaxing and enjoyable for your family. We like the Western U.S.A. very much, and plan to travel a large circuit beginning with the Northern route on September 1 and returning December 1. The time involved and the attractions we desire will take lots of time. We have been to many of the places on your list and it is a rush to completly see some of them in the time you have alloted. Yellowstone can be rushed through in 4 days, however, a full week is much more relaxing, especially in full tourist season. Reservations are usually required at Yellowstone in the summer also.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
I wanted to bump this thread to the top and announce that we are leaving tomorrow!! If I can find the energy/time to update it, I will be documenting our trip on our web page. You can follow us at this link.

See you down the road!