Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Advice on rt from Coulter bay to Cheyenne,Wy

We need to get to Cheyenne the easiest way possible with the least amount of grades as possible. have 45ft with gmc acadia toad due to the fact that we have amber engine light on and are on way to Cummins shop in Cheyenne. lookind at our map we have two choices #1 take 26/287 all the way to I80 or #2 take 191/26 /89 to 191 to I 80. Any other advice would surley be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

Would recommend going down to I80 so if you do have a problem would be easy to find you and get a tow if needed. also if you can unhook the toad and have someone on drive it, 5,000 less load.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #3

Did you look your onboard computer & get the fault code?
You can get the code & put it on Cummins web site & see what the problem is or call cummins & give them the code.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Colter bay to Cheyenne

I am going to take I 80 but I am trying to find out which road from Colter bat to I 80 is best for my situation. Two roads 287 or 191 ?? I had this same problem on the way from Fl to Souix City. Code said emission/ fuel issue, had to spend day at Truck repair where they replaced a fuel injector. No problem til we got to Colter bay when light came back on. Did not check codes yet but will tomorro.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #5

Are you near Pine Haven, WY? We have a Coulter Bay here in Key Hole state park. Go to Gillette via I-90 if you're up here. Cummins is just off the interstate as you enter Gillette.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #6

From Colter Bay Grand Teton N.P. I'd take 191 for the easiest drive. Good luck!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #7

There is a Cummins shop in Rock Springs WY. Rocky Mountain Cummins website doesn't show a Cheyenne location. They also have a shop in Billings, MT, and that's the closest to you if you're near Teton/Yellowstone NP's.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
info roads from Colter bay to Cheyenne

Well spoke to FL and got the Cummins fault code, has something to do with the fuel and or aftertreatment not being right ratio?? now will have to cancle trip to Colter Bay and wait here in Cody to get Rv in Cummins certified shop next Tues . We will use our car to travel to the tetons each day,about a 2.5 hour thur yellowstone!!! On top of that we now have a "jack down" alarm that will not shut off. Newmar is to get back to me in the AM to see what we can do! Since this is my first Newmar product, i am not impressed with the unit thanks for everyone responses.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #9

You shouldn't have have to go to Cheyenne for service unless you want to; to be honest, having lived in Cheyenne for a couple of years, you aren't gaining anything.

I'd go to Rock Springs. There's a Cummins shop there, and I can also highly recommend Jack's Truck and Equipment there. A couple of years ago we lost an alternator and the Cummins shop was like "well, we are backed up but could help you in 3 or 4 days" whereas Jack's was "come by in the morning." We pulled in at 8:00am and were on the road by 9:30am with a new alternator.

Steve

Tags
advice