Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Arrow Arco, ID to Missoula, MT on Rt93

I was wondering if Rt 93, Arco to Missoula would be a good route in a 40 footer towing a jeep? When checking the map it appears that there are some curvy sections near the ID/MT border, however, maps can be deceiving. Looking for some real life experience on that road. Thanks.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Brigadoon, I have had our 34 foot plus toad over highway 93 from Arco to Missoula twice. The last time was last September. I see no reason why you could not take your 40 footer over it. The curves are not that tight, and the grade is not too steep. Spectatular scenery, be sure and stop at the Lost Trail rest area and visitor center at the summit. Ladies room is in Idaho, and mens is in Montana, or visaversa. Happy miles to you and yours.

Dieselclacker
Old 03-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

My Wife and I also took our 34 ft with Toad and didn't have any problems. If you have time I suggest stopping in Darby, MT they have a great Antique/Candy store there!

Ron
Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #4

My wife and I actually honeymooned in Darby, and the antiques/candy store is great. Also, if you have the time, near the ID/MT border you can turn off and head west to Big Hole Battlefield. Highly recommend that...beautiful scenery at Big Hole Valley as you crest the ridge to the valley, truly spectacular.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. We are planning to spend some time in the area and will visit the places that you recommended.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
My wife and I actually honeymooned in Darby, and the antiques/candy store is great. Also, if you have the time, near the ID/MT border you can turn off and head west to Big Hole Battlefield. Highly recommend that...beautiful scenery at Big Hole Valley as you crest the ridge to the valley, truly spectacular.
I said West, but I meant East. You will head East on Rte. 43 from the MT/ID border to get to Big Hole Battlefield.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #7

Keep your eye on the weather. Those people who frequent the ski hill atop Lost Trail Pass are always praying for snow.