Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Bakersfield Ca. to Sequoia Nat'l Monument

Today this Texas plowboy drives the mountains again. What is the best road to see the great sequois. Mobility impaired, can walk 100 feet level ground, 30 foot DP 1993 Gulfstream pulling small pickup. Then on to Mariposa to see Yosemite. ronspradley.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Ron, I would go to Three Rivers and park the motorhome at Sequoia RV Ranch and drive your toad into the parks. I can't remember the Hwy # but it is out of Visalia.
Are you staying in or near Mariposa? If not you might want to take Hwy 41 out of Fresno into Yosemite. There is road work on 41 and 140 so expect delays.

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
Ron, I would go to Three Rivers and park the motorhome at Sequoia RV Ranch and drive your toad into the parks. I can't remember the Hwy # but it is out of Visalia.
Are you staying in or near Mariposa? If not you might want to take Hwy 41 out of Fresno into Yosemite. There is road work on 41 and 140 so expect delays.
Hyway 198. I am sitting in Sequioa RV ranch presently. Space 28. Drove to the Sequioa park Sunday and to Yosemite yesterday on 41 out of Fresno. No road construction to Yosemite. Different deal to Sequioa Park, construction and couldn't go over top due to snow closure. Raining off and on since Sunday.Still beats home and work.
You have to take toad to Sequioa Park.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Sequoia Ranch, beautiful right on the river. That is the part of California we will miss. Can you sleep at night with all that river noise? :-) Sweetheart circle was our favorite spot!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Patty View Post
Sequoia Ranch, beautiful right on the river. That is the part of California we will miss. Can you sleep at night with all that river noise? :-) Sweetheart circle was our favorite spot!
The reason we are here is because of your review. Rain every night can't hear the river. Great place though. We will be back.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, I try to write the truth about a campground. Patty's and my favorite type of a campground is a bit closer to nature.

Glad you like it, plus the owner is a great person too.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks, I try to write the truth about a campground. Patty's and my favorite type of a campground is a bit closer to nature.

Glad you like it, plus the owner is a great person too.
We also like camping in the middle of nowhere. Our avatar is in Carrizo plain near Bakersfield. Miles of wild flowers and noone around fpr 20 miles. 26 miles of dirt road to get there.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Ah, Patty and I had eyed that campground many times on the map. Unfortunately weekends were too short for 26 miles of dirt road.

Off subject ( still), did you ever get to camp at the Piedras Blanca Motel north of San Simeon? That was a great place till the state bought it.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Ah, Patty and I had eyed that campground many times on the map. Unfortunately weekends were too short for 26 miles of dirt road.

Off subject ( still), did you ever get to camp at the Piedras Blanca Motel north of San Simeon? That was a great place till the state bought it.
There are two campgrounds up there but we followed a two rut road to the center of a medow. Funny thing is coming in from Soda Lake the road is paved, only would have had a dirt road for 1/2 mile. lol

No never went to the motel but do like Cambria and all the area going north as well.