Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Best route

We are currently in Eureka Springs, AR and will be heading to Tulsa in a few days. It looks like the fastest route would be to Siloam Springs and then 412 west to Tulsa. However, this will take us on an Oklahoma toll road which can get expensive. I've tried to find the toll charge but haven't be successful. Would appreciate any info on best way to go and toll charges.

RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Try this link. I think you can use it without signing up.

2013 RoadTrek CS Adventurous
jillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Toll Facilities in the United States is a U.S. DOT website. They show every toll road and their fees. From my experiences on OK toll roads, they are in very good condition. While driving OK toll roads, help is readily available as you see from this article.
IMO, choosing to drive the toll roads saves time and mileage, which offsets the tolls.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
On the Oklahoma Turnpikes the tolls can get expensive quickly if you have over two axles. It sounds silly but a motorcycle pays the same as a car or a two axle RV. If you have a toad you now have four axles and it jumps up a bunch. Over twice the amount. If I remember correctly it was over twice the amount for four axles than two. It might be cheaper, in tolls, to drive the toad separately.

Their roads are very well maintained with the exception of the toll road from OKC down to Wichita Falls. Traveled this road last year and it was rough. The toll booths are different from the ones used elsewhere on the system and look like they were made wide enough for a Model A.
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
Thanks for the info. Looks like we will take the toll road. Unfortunately we have to take the OKC to WF route which sounds rough.

RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
We just traveled the reverse from OKC to Eagle Rock, MO so we are only about 20 miles from you. We have traveled the 412 route from Tulsa to here about 2-3 times a year for the last 10 years and find it to be a great road. We have a tag axle so our total axle's are 5 and one toll fee was almost $14. I think we spent around $20 from OKC to Springdale, AR. On trips that we do not need to go through OKC or Tulsa we turn south on 69, which you could then take 82 in Sherman to WF if you don't need to go to OKC or Tulsa. 69 does have some rough sections but I think all routes do!!
Ronnie (WD5GIC) & Jan (WD5IHU)
2003 Monaco Dynasty Countess 42' w/tag, 2012 Ford Flex

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
(US)69 does have some rough sections.....
With all respect, if it hasn't improved since our last trip from Branson back to Houston in 2007, that's like saying Hades has some uncomfortably warm days every now and then. US69 made I-10 through Louisiana or I-40 through Arkansas at their worst look like billiard tables.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hwy 412 into Tulsa will put a wash board to shame. Be prepared to slow down to save the rig.

Personally, I'd take 540 to Fort Smith and then take 40 across to OKC if you are going that far.

75/62 south of Tulsa has some bad sections as well.

In general, Oklahoma does not have good roads.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I used to think Oklahoma had very bad roads until I made a trip to Florida and back, then to Colorado and back. Made us feel a lot better about our Oklahoma roads. I think the bottom line is most of our interstate system is about used up.

Yes, 412 is rough in some areas and through OKC you are going to encounter some rough roads but once away from the metro areas I think for the most part it won't be too bad. I also have to say that Texas roads have really went downhill in the past few years, not near as nice a road as they used to be. Just goes with the times.

2016 Silver Ram 3500 CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker DA 349 RSB, 2014 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote