Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Best Route

Will leave from Tyler Tx and go North to South Dikota early July what is best route North for 40 ft.DP.From there to Wyoming and then Montana on to Austin Texas by Aug4th.

Any idea's? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Will one month be enough we can go back in the Spring

Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
Will leave from Tyler Tx and go North to South Dikota early July what is best route North for 40 ft.DP.From there to Wyoming and then Montana on to Austin Texas by Aug4th.

Any idea's? Thanks

??????????????????
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #4

Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? What do you want to see? You are talking a lot of ground and I would think you need some type of plan
Old 06-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to BubbaJePH Send a message via Yahoo to BubbaJePH
I'd do a Google search for your destination first. When you find that you click get directions and type in you starting address. It will map you directions. You can modify them if you are not liking the route. I do that everytime I search for campgrounds. I look the place over from the sky. Maybe get a street view. Read reviews about the place. Find the best roads. I also plug in the address into my GPS. I don't always agree with the GPS though. Going to Myrtle Beach SC from Hampton Roads, Virginia. The GPS takes me through old two lane roads and an old worn out sections of Route 17. I compare my research with Google to my GPS. "Kathy" the voice of my GPS gets miffed sometimes when I do not follow her instructions. Oh well.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #6

Depending on where you are going, consider taking I29 N rather than going thru Nebraska. We travel to ND (Mott in the SW corner) and have found this faster (I29 and then 12 west) - in fact we're leaving on the second of July from Fort worth.
Ernie

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #7

ya gotta ..

You have got to give us more info ....

Do you want to go directly?

Do you want to visit things enroute? maybe you want to see the Eisenhower Presidential Library, the arch in St. Louis, eat barbequed ribs in Kansas City, visit state capitals, tour the Winnebago factory, visit Boys Town ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi: Just sailed up to S.Dakota from Hill Country and had great trip in our 45' DP, towing. Used 281/81 up to pick up I-35 Oklahoma City, then I-35 N. to Witchita taking 135 N. to Salina continuing N. on 81 all the way into S. Dakota. GREAT route, and quick!! From Boerne, Tx. to overnight at TX/OK. border, to 2nd overnight at Concordia, Kanasas (VERY good overnight camp at public airpark camp on R. just adj. to airport S. end of town), then 3rd day into S. Dakota (Mitchell area).

Steve & Lynette