Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
doc

Appalachian Campers
you will have a long drive from 95 over to Pensacola. I might run 81 to 77 to 85 through Atlanta to 65 (Montgomery) to 65 to US 31 to US29 to Pensacola
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #16

To The Keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
you will have a long drive from 95 over to Pensacola. I might run 81 to 77 to 85 through Atlanta to 65 (Montgomery) to 65 to US 31 to US29 to Pensacola
Hi doc:

Yes it's about 350 miles from JAX to Milton, FL according to Mapquest. Does your suggested route run through the mountains?

Excuse me, while I whip out my.............................................map and check.

Less than a month from departure. Last night I was doing my weekly run up in the rig. I had the engine running, generator running, heat blasting and all the lights on. So many lights airplanes were setting up on final. My wife surprised me with some apples and cheese and wine. We sat there and enjoyed the moment.

60Vette
60Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
doc

Appalachian Campers
@ 60vette _ As you know, 81 runs down the valleys until you get to the 77 intersection. Some mountains but nothing steep until Fancy Gap. Even then there are no cliffs or anything scary, just sweeping curves as you go head toward Charlotte. I usually go right at I-40 and then west to Hickory and left on 321 (4 lane divided) to I-85 and then south. Just set the cruise and enjoy the ride.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe O'Melia View Post
If you are running I95 all the way to Florida bypass JAX by taking A1A the 1st exit in FL to US301 to I10, this is also a good route for the Gulf Coast of FL and Orlando just stay on US301
Joe:

Are routes A1A and 301 main roads or highways with no traffic lights etc?
I'm 36 feet with a 20 foot trailer.

Thanks,

Ralph
60Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #19

They are not limited access superslaps just good 2 and 4 lane roads mostly thru rolling farm land I have traveled them pulling a 32' toy hauler. Back on its day 301 was one main routes South before the interstate highways.

2005 Desert Fox 28KS
Joe O'Melia is offline   Reply With Quote