Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Best route to Branson

We will be travelling from Dyersburg,Tn to Branson, MO which is the better route Hwy 412 or HWy 60?

rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Your best bet will be go across the Hayti Bridge on the Mississippi and go due west through Kennett, etc. Just keep on going west.

Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Having driven through the Ozarks this Spring I would avoid any secondary roads at all. We came north out of LIttle Rock on Hwy 65 and hope not to repeat that trip.

Were it me I would do my best to get on an interstate that joins up with Hwy 65 in the Springfield area. It will make your trip a lot more pleasant.
Retired FAA ATC, VFW, LEGION, NRA (Life Member)
2002 Journey D L 36, 2013 Demco KarKaddy III,
Toad 2012 VW Passat Diesel
Lost little Bitzy New kitty named Oreo.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Newmar Owners Club
Hi rjsupersonic,
Never done 412. Have done 60. 60 is an okay road. Road quality is good. You will need patience. You will not make any time. Figure an average speed of 40 MPH. There are many small towns to pass through. If you have the time and patience, for me, Rt 60 is okay to use.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Thanks the replies.
rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
I live just off of highway 412 in northwest Arkansas. That have opened some of it up to 4 lane highways, but where it's not, it's very curvy and hilly. If you're looking for a scenic route, it's good. Looking for the best way/fastest way, look for another route.
James & Jessica + weenie dog and a big cat
1997 Pace Arrow Vision 35'
oildriller83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:49 AM   #7
I used to travel West TN and NE Arkansas on business, so I'm familiar with the area. An interstate highway from Memphis to Kansas City is badly needed, however it'll never happen. The Federal Government is instead putting the $ into Interstate 69 from Texas thru West TN and farther northeast.

I would suggest you go to Kennett and northwest to Piggott and over to Corning, AR. Go north from Corning and turn left on Hwy 160--which takes you through West Plains, MO and into Branson.

An option would be west to Kennett to Paragould where you'd turn west to pickup Hwy 63 at Walnut Ridge. Go west of Harrison, AR where you go north into Branson. There are stretches of 4 lane and a lot of 2 lane road , but it's a more interesting (but hilly) drive past Black Rock.

Unfortunately, there are still places in this world where 4 lane highways don't exist.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:21 AM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
60 years living in Missouri, 20 of that in Springfield, Stay away from Highway 160, you will see your taillights on some of the curves.. highway 60 is a nice drive.

2004 National See Breeze LX8375, Towing a 2012 Liberty
retired. Now What?
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote