Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #1

Best Route to Cherry Hill CG from North

We will be heading to Cherry Hill from the Lancaster PA area on Friday. I wasn't worried too much about the drive when the plan was to go on Saturday. Plans have changed and we're headed there a day early.

Suggestions on avoiding I-95? Best time of day?
I will be back for suggestions on heading south from there in 10 days.
Charming is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #2

It will be difficult to avoid I-95 unless you are willing to travel secondary roadways, which, this time of year, while scenic, will undoubtedly take more time. If you hadn't been to the Park before, you should enjoy it. We spent 7 days there last September and look forward to returning in the future.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
We will be heading to Cherry Hill from the Lancaster PA area on Friday. I wasn't worried too much about the drive when the plan was to go on Saturday. Plans have changed and we're headed there a day early.

Suggestions on avoiding I-95? Best time of day?
I will be back for suggestions on heading south from there in 10 days.
US-30 west to I-83 south to I-695 west/south around Baltimore. Then I-95 south to 212 south. Or I-95 South to I-495 east to US-1 south, then a right onto Cherry Hill Rd. One's a little shorter, but has more surface streets.

The I-95 section shouldn't be a big deal at all. The whole run is only 2.5 hours, just do it in the middle of the day.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the route suggestion. It worked out great.
Charming is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
route