Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
I'll be meandering over to Branson from the Newmar National in Gilette,WY and am seeking some advice...I'll be pulling a 24' Featherlite trailer and even though it won't be the Stacker,it will still be 24' long.
74 feet of rolling stock....
Bob,

There's only one way for a rig like yours to make a grand entrance at Branson. Fly it in to Branson Intercontinental Airport on this:

Rusty

2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2007, 07:01 AM   #16

We came across Okie through AR by way of 62 to 504 to 412 (Trail of Tears). tough road but worth the views. Went up 65 to Brandings landing (exit after 76 strip) down to the lake. We are at Branson Lakeview for a few days.

Forest River Sierra 35'11" 5th
Flametheus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 AM   #17

We returned to our cottage in northern Arkansas just south of Branson three weeks ago using US 65 into Harrison towing the fiver (38') and boat (about 32')- (two rigs).

Unless you are really, really distressed with curvy hilly roads (Don't come to the Ozarks), it is a beautiful trip.

It really does not pose any problems.

Now if warm weather will just return so we can get back out on the lake...
Old 06-16-2007, 06:28 AM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
This thread should be resurfaced since we're not that far off from the "Command!"
<span class="ev_code_RED">2007 iRV2 National Rally Travellers - Start Your Engines!</span>

Let's get some more routes plugged in here for our attendees!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #19
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Yep, very timely to bring this up. I'm contemplating a route now. Looks like maybe I-40 to US 412 @ Jackson, TN and then US 65 up to Branson. Another option I'm looking at is I-40 to I-24 at Nashville and then pick up US 60 near Paducah, KY, then take US 65 south into Branson. The distance is within 20 miles of the same either way with the southern route being shorter.

I've been advised to avoid US 160 in MO due to it being hilly and curvy.

See y'all in Branson!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #20

Am Off to Branson in Early Aug 07, read the pro's/con's of US65. Plan to use that road on this trip.

My question is "Are there any bridges with less than a 13'6" clearances along that road?

Tide Guy
2007-40' Travel Supreme
2006 F550 PSD CC
Old 07-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #21

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
"Are there any bridges with less than a 13'6" clearances along that road?
I hope not, I'll find out Wednesday. Hopefully, not the hard way.... I'm 13' 2" tall at the center of my front AC.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #22
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We're crossing the Ohio River In Cairo on Route 60. If memory serves I believe that bridge is a little tight but we made it once before. It's OK vertically I believe, it's just a little narrow.

This evening we're staying at The KOA Ashville West right off of Interstate 40. We stayed here before and it hasn't changed very much ecxept for the folks in the yellow shirts.

We had a very good run on day 1. The weather looks like it wants to do something but nothing's going on so far.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
This evening we're staying at The KOA Asheville West right off of Interstate 40
Hey Mike,

We're 'holed up' at a CG just outside of Paducah, KY for the night, will be crossing that narrow bridge on US 60 tomorrow morning. You'll probably blow by me sometime tomorrow, we move at a slow pace of around 60 mph, honk as you go by.

Stayed at a nice Corps of Engineer CG east of Nashville about 6 miles off of I-40 last night for $10... 50 amps, water, paved 90' level site.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This evening we're staying at The KOA Asheville West right off of Interstate 40
Hey Mike,

We're 'holed up' at a CG just outside of Paducah, KY for the night, will be crossing that narrow bridge on US 60 tomorrow morning. You'll probably blow by me sometime tomorrow, we move at a slow pace of around 60 mph, honk as you go by.

Stayed at a nice Corps of Engineer CG east of Nashville about 6 miles off of I-40 last night for $10... 50 amps, water, paved 90' level site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard,

Can you give me the name of that CG and perhaps the I-40 exit #? We may hit right about there when we will be looking for a place to overnite.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #25

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Can you give me the name of that CG and perhaps the I-40 exit #? We may hit right about there when we will be looking for a place to overnite.
Sure, would be happy to: Long Branch Campground located on Center Hill Lake. From I-40 in TN, take exit 268 & follow State Route 96 (Buffalo Valley Rd) south 3.6 miles to the junction of State Route 141/96. Turn right and follow State Route 141/96 west 1.1 miles to Center Hill Dam, immediately after crossing the dam turn right on State Route 141 travel 0.4 mile. Long Branch CG is located on the right at the bottom of the hill, adjacent to Center Hill Dam.

We were on site #57 using our Golden Access card which cuts the rate 50%. Made reservations two days before arrival at Recreation.gov.

CYA at the rally!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #26
Administrator Emeritus

Ran back west from HWH in Moscow,IA today then came down 35 to 435 around KC and then picked up 71 to the south....All good roads...

Made it to Butler,MO this evening and will hit Carthage,MO and stop in at Coachlight RV tomorrow and then into Branson on Wednesday...

Spoke to Richard this evening, he and Sylvia are in Paducah, KY for the night...

rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote