RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #15

If no snow, I-5 to Shasta (Mc Cloud), 89 to Susanville, 395 to Reno, I-80/ Alt 95 to Fernley, Alt 50 to Fallon, 95 to Vegas, 93 to Kingman or 95 from Vegas to I-40, to Arizona 95, then South.....been this way 13 times so far, can make decent time........No GPS? Follow the signs, as everything is well marked.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2019, 01:14 PM   #16

Thank you so much everyone! I love the experience and wisdom on these boards.

LovesToWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #17

A couple of concerns since we now have our copy of the Mountain Directory;

Saddlesore: There are indicators on Hwy. 95 from Fallon to Vegas. What is your experience with those?

8.3Oilburner: There are caution indicators on Hwy. 58 from Bakersfield to Barstow (my main concern are the Tehachapis) and then a couple of warnings before Needles.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:32 PM   #18

I've been both routes a few times each....not that hard of a pull from Bakersfield, and the Fallon to Vegas is very easy....
Old 01-28-2019, 09:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToWine View Post
A couple of concerns since we now have our copy of the Mountain Directory;

Saddlesore: There are indicators on Hwy. 95 from Fallon to Vegas. What is your experience with those?

8.3Oilburner: There are caution indicators on Hwy. 58 from Bakersfield to Barstow (my main concern are the Tehachapis) and then a couple of warnings before Needles.

Thanks!
Did you read the descriptions or just look at the markers? Hwy 95 is an easy drive.

Tehachapi Summit on CA Hwy 58 - 4-lane road; the eastbound descent is gradual and spread out over a long distance. Different on the westbound descent. We've done both directions without issues.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #20

Foretravel Owners Club
Ran both routes trucking oversize, gear down pulling Tehachapi.
95 thru Nv has a couple of short grades, but nothing to worry yoursef about...
NOTE!

DO NOT exceed the posted speed limits in the little towns..(speed tickets and "Adult Gratification" establishments may be their only sources of revenue)
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #21
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Worse part about Fallon to Vegas is staying awake...
Old 01-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #22

Twogypsies-
Yes, I have been reading ALL of the descriptions (and getting a bit freaked out about them). I have very vivid memories driving the Grapevine, Tehachapi, and heaven forbid the road down from Sequoia. Fortunately, these were in our 1960 VW Bus which we had turned into our camper- this was in the mod 70's. We were born and raised in S. CA and this will be our first trip in our new TT- we now are Washingtonians.

Thank you to all for the reassurances!

Tags
arizona