Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #1

Bremen, GA to Savannah, GA

Need advice. Am getting ready to head to Savannah, GA next week. Am currently sitting in Bremen GA just off I-20. Wondering if taking US-27 south to GA-16 E to I-75 then I-16 to Savannah. Yesterday I took I-20 to 285 around Atlanta to take a friend to the airport and back. I-20 and 285 were very rough and crowded, so would like to by-pass all that if possible.

What kind of roads am I looking at, 2 lane, 4 lane?

What do you all think?
Thanks
Kaye

Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #2

Not sure what kind of road you'll have until you get on I 75, but there is [or at least has been for the last 6-8 weeks] some major construction between Macon + Dublin going on. Usually only on 1 side of the interstate at a time, but that changes back + forth. Last time I've been up there [about 2 weeks ago], it was just a minor slowdown and not too bad going northbound around 5ish in the pm, and none going back south 2 hrs later.

South of Dublin to Savannah is usually little traffic southbound, until you get to 10-15 miles outside of Sav [subject to time of day/rush hour traffic].

There are often cops around the Dublin area = stick to your speed limits there.

Hope that helps some...

=

Old 07-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

[QUOTE=DogLdy;1638560]Not sure what kind of road you'll have until you get on I 75, but there is [or at least has been for the last 6-8 weeks] some major construction between Macon + Dublin going on. Usually only on 1 side of the interstate at a time, but that changes back + forth. Last time I've been up there [about 2 weeks ago], it was just a minor slowdown and not too bad going northbound around 5ish in the pm, and none going back south 2 hrs later.

South of Dublin to Savannah is usually little traffic southbound, until you get to 10-15 miles outside of Sav [subject to time of day/rush hour traffic].

There are often cops around the Dublin area = stick to your speed limits there.

Hope that helps some...[QUOTE]

Thank You, every little bit helps.

Kaye
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #4

Sorry, double posted

Kaye
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #5

You are welcome. Savannah is nice and something to do for everybody. From shopping, to sight seeing and museums. Guided tours, historic tours, horse drawn carriages, a variety of shows and entertainment throughout the year, some outdoorsy stuff too, and it is my understanding there are several very nice CGs in the area too [not that I would know - I haven't gotten that far yet and then I don't plan to do that either here - I have lived in this part of GA for nearly 25 yrs, LOL].

Have fun!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #6

Bring your shoot gun for mosquitos.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #7

And sandgats too - with all this rain and high humidity we are having, the buggers [skeeters + gnats] are everywhere in greater than usual masses, and they are seriously aggressive too right now.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #8

Thanks guys, am finding that out. Yuck!

I decided to take 20 to Atlanta, then 285, I75 then 16 down. God I hate that Atlanta part. Currently sitting in Metter, GA,, really nice little RV Park, think I may just do day trips to Savannah. Nothing I've found in or around Savannah on the various RV Parks Review site seems to equal the Park I'm at.

But man, the gnats and mosquitos are horrible.