Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Navigation, Routes & Roads
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #15

We are in Moab now and will be heading to Bryce next week.
I've been watching the comments and am leaning towards taking Hwy 95 from Blanding over to the Torrey area and then down Hwy 12.

My biggest concern is long climbs. Engine overheating has been a problem and concern ever since we climbed the mountains just West of Buffalo, WY on Hwy 16.
I did OK climbing into Yellowstone by watching my rpms.
The only other time it got high again was climbing over the mountain on Hwy 6 from I-15 to Price, UT.

What will my climbs be on 95 and 12?

I can go the easy route of I-70 to Hwy 82 down,

Thanks,

Wm Mayberry
2003 National Tradewinds 375LE
2011 Honda CRV
wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
I am about to embark on this trip in about 2 weeks. I will be in Tahoe and take the trip down 395 based on fellow travelers advice for the scenery. Over to Vegas and then to Zion and Bryce Canyon. Wasn't aware of all the scenery between Bryce and Arches so I think I like the rt 12 and 24. After leaving Arches I want to come back south, I guess on 191, to CO and on down to I-40 to head on East to TN by middle of Nov. It looks like going south I can also additional sites. This post has been very enlightening along with references to the Utah site. Thanks
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #17

GRIFFIN 379: 191 to I-40 is a good road but just in case..... do not take AZ 191 from Eagar, AZ to Clifton, AZ. You won't like it!! We did one Fall and luckily there was no one else on that section of drive because we had to use the opposing lane during some turns. NOTE: None of the roads mentioned in the previous posts are anything like it. They are all RV capable. At the beginning we saw one sign stating do not drive a vehicle over 40' which was what our MH was. However, from that sign forward there was absolutely no place to turn around. It was a gorgeous Fall drive, however!

After that we started to rely on the "Mountain Directory for Truckers and RVers" to give us a 'heads up' on the mountain roads. Even though some might be listed in the directory that doesn't mean you can't drive them safely. It's just a good reference for knowing what's ahead so you're not surprised.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
twogypies Thanks for the help. I am not going into AZ but get to I-40 at Gallup, NM. There are some sites down that direction to see.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote